Odd Computer Problem- Need some Help

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
I recently swapped the Graphics card for my computer from a EVGA GTX 460 to an EVGA 9500GT. Then this weird problem started occurring. I did install all of the new drivers and everything. However I can not view these 2 problems that I use on a daily basis. SAM Broadcaster and ShipRush for FedEx. The weirdest part is the two programs will open. But once I click on the icon in the task bar nothing happens. I honestly have no idea what is going on. Bad settings? Bad Hardware? Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a screenshot if that helps. BTW I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit.

Attachments

• sam3.JPG
    sam3.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 199
To check profile corruption: create another admin account and try from there.
If the same behavior - reinstall the misbehaving apps.

Do you run a dual screen setup?
Does your mobo have video onboard?
Did you install new video drivers on top of old or uninstalled first?

Diogen.

If you suspect the video drivers, then see if there is a way to disable (or reduce) the hardware acceleration somewhere in the driver settings.

To check profile corruption: create another admin account and try from there.
If the same behavior - reinstall the misbehaving apps.

Do you run a dual screen setup?
Does your mobo have video onboard?
Did you install new video drivers on top of old or uninstalled first?

Diogen.

1. Just 1 screen
2. No Onboard Video
3. Uninstalled first

I will try that and report back. Thanks.

isaacmorseMI said:
My guess is that going from a DirectX 11 to a DirectX 10 card might've confused the computer somehow.

If so, then reinstalling those two programs should help.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can't reinstall DirectX. It is built in to the Graphics Card and OS.
No, I am talking about SAM Broadcaster and ShipRush. Are these the programs you are having problems with?
I think when you installed these programs originally, you had DirectX 11, so the programs configured themselves to use it. Now, that you no longer have DirectX 11, the programs are failing. If you unistall and then reinstall them, they might detect that you have DirectX 10 and configure themselves accordingly.
This is just my best guess best on the information you provided...

No, I am talking about SAM Broadcaster and ShipRush. Are these the programs you are having problems with?
I think when you installed these programs originally, you had DirectX 11, so the programs configured themselves to use it. Now, that you no longer have DirectX 11, the programs are failing. If you unistall and then reinstall them, they may detect that you have DirectX 10 and configure themselves accordingly.
This is just my best guess best on the information you provided...

Yep. Already tried that. I reinstalled them. But the problem still occurs. :(

Ok, then the next two suspects are: messed up registry and some driver compatibility issues. For registry issues, try what diogen suggested: another account (in hopes that the messed up settings are user-specific). For driver issues, try disabling or changing the level of hardware acceleration as I suggested earlier.

Ok, then the next two suspects are: messed up registry and some driver compatibility issues. For registry issues, try what diogen suggested: another account (in hopes that the messed up settings are user-specific). For driver issues, try disabling or changing the level of hardware acceleration as I suggested earlier.

Unfortunately I can't change or disable the hardware acceleration [If there is any.] I will try everything else and I'll report back with the results.

Try running dxdiag command from the Start prompt.
See if it reports any problems.

Another thing to try, is to run those programs in compatibility mode:
Right-click on the program icon and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".
Or just go to Properties and try selecting Windows XP compatibility.
This is a long shot, but might be worth trying.

Another thing to try, is to run those programs in compatibility mode:
Right-click on the program icon and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".
Or just go to Properties and try selecting Windows XP compatibility.
This is a long shot, but might be worth trying.

Darn. That didn't work either. I cleaned my registry. Created a second account. And ran some diagnostic scans. Nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts