Odd Thing Happened w/722k

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Last night, while my wife had control of the 722k, she called (yelled) for me to fix the TV...She had gotten into the guide options menu and couldn't figure out how to get back to her show.:eek:
(I must admit that it wasn't all her fault...the last couple of days I been having some problems with the 722k responding to my remote on TV1. I'll press the button for the guide, and it takes a while to bring it up, and if I press it again, before the guide appears, it then proceeds to go to the guide then to the guide sub-menu. Also, going up or down through the guide has developed quite a delay. Again, if I press the up or down button a few times, trying to get the guide to respond, I get the rapid up or down movement of the guide...like the 722k is just catching up with the signals. I just put brand new Duracells in the remote on Sunday, so I can't figure out what's wrong...I did do a reset one time when remote was acting up like this, and that seem to fix the problem for a while.)
But that's not the odd thing that happen last night...When I came to help my wife, and got her back to her program, I notice my record light was on. I asked if she was recording her program (she has a bad habit of hitting the record button when watching her shows) and she said no. I then went into my recordings to see if her program had been recorded and find out if something else was recording. Her program was "live" and there was nothing recording on either tuner...also, nothing was schedule to be recorded for about another 2 hours later. Tuner 2 is used in my son's room with his SD TV, but like I said, nothing was recording on that tuner either.
So is this something I should start worrying about? Is my 722k trying to tell me it's has some problems? Or should I toss it off as a glitch caused by my tech challenged wife?

Ghpr13:confused:

bad remote

Last night, while my wife had control of the 722k, she called (yelled) for me to fix the TV...She had gotten into the guide options menu and couldn't figure out how to get back to her show.:eek:
(I must admit that it wasn't all her fault...the last couple of days I been having some problems with the 722k responding to my remote on TV1. I'll press the button for the guide, and it takes a while to bring it up, and if I press it again, before the guide appears, it then proceeds to go to the guide then to the guide sub-menu. Also, going up or down through the guide has developed quite a delay. Again, if I press the up or down button a few times, trying to get the guide to respond, I get the rapid up or down movement of the guide...like the 722k is just catching up with the signals. I just put brand new Duracells in the remote on Sunday, so I can't figure out what's wrong...I did do a reset one time when remote was acting up like this, and that seem to fix the problem for a while.)
But that's not the odd thing that happen last night...When I came to help my wife, and got her back to her program, I notice my record light was on. I asked if she was recording her program (she has a bad habit of hitting the record button when watching her shows) and she said no. I then went into my recordings to see if her program had been recorded and find out if something else was recording. Her program was "live" and there was nothing recording on either tuner...also, nothing was schedule to be recorded for about another 2 hours later. Tuner 2 is used in my son's room with his SD TV, but like I said, nothing was recording on that tuner either.
So is this something I should start worrying about? Is my 722k trying to tell me it's has some problems? Or should I toss it off as a glitch caused by my tech challenged wife?

Sounds like you have a remote going bad.

Is your TV an LCD with backlight control? That's been a common cause of remote problems. If it is, try turning off any such control and see what happens. Regarding the recording, I can't speak to that.

Sorry I can't answer your question about the 722k oddities, but this may help your wife when she gets buried in too many menus. Just push the 'view live tv' button once and you are back to normal viewing. IMHO, that is the most valuable button on the remote. :)

Ed

Sounds like you have a remote going bad.

mine has the same issue with the remote, I have changed the batteries and still the same issue and NO LCD with backlight control, plus two days ago the ird took a software upgrade and since then my guide display is crooked I am missing one line the bottom line, I went to the menu and everything and believe me and I not a dumbass, because I install these for a living. I can only see 4 channels on the guide, with standard guide w/video.

alex

photo of my guide

mine has the same issue with the remote, I have changed the batteries and still the same issue and NO LCD with backlight control, plus two days ago the ird took a software upgrade and since then my guide display is crooked I am missing one line the bottom line, I went to the menu and everything and believe me and I not a dumbass, because I install these for a living. I can only see 4 channels on the guide, with standard guide w/video.

alex

i took this picture of my guide, what do you think

Attachments

• 06182010437.jpg
    06182010437.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 413
I am having the same problem with my remote since yesterday. It is very slow in responding on TV1. Thought it might be the batteries, but reading here I think it isn't. Something is making these remotes buggy.

Exactly the same problem here. I did a hard reset the other day and it downloaded the latest software. Since then the guide problem. I also changed the remote batteries, with no improvement.

I am having the same problem with my remote since yesterday. It is very slow in responding on TV1. Thought it might be the batteries, but reading here I think it isn't. Something is making these remotes buggy.

Exactly the same problem here. I did a hard reset the other day and it downloaded the latest software. Since then the guide problem. I also changed the remote batteries, with no improvement.

I'm sorry to hear that you both are having the same remote problems as I posted...I felt that it had more to do with the receiver or software, than the remote it's self...Has anyone talked to E* about this?

I pulled the plug on my 722k yesterday, because of this remote/guide problem. After the 722k rebooted and my new guide was downloaded, problem has seemed to be fixed. I'll see what happens today, but last night the remote and guide were working fine again.
Thanks to all who replied, specially those with wives!:D
Ghpr13:)

If the bottom line of the Guide is missing or has ads so you can only see 5 instead of 6 channels, you need to go to Menu+6+1+6 and Disable Banner in Guide--a new feature defaulted to on.
-Ken

I have been seeing this frequently lately.. Something is Overloading the 722/622's. It's not a remote issue. It's a receiver issue.. If you pull the plug and reset the receiver, the problem will go away.. But it will come back at some point. This seem to start after a recent software download that we received. Aggrevating, but not a receiver killer..

I have been seeing this frequently lately.. Something is Overloading the 722/622's. It's not a remote issue. It's a receiver issue.. If you pull the plug and reset the receiver, the problem will go away.. But it will come back at some point. This seem to start after a recent software download that we received. Aggrevating, but not a receiver killer..

I agree. It seem it did reoccur on me again...
Ghpr13:)

Did a front panel reset and it cured the slow remote problem, but now a few days later, it is back to being sluggish again, I have nothing else to do on this beautiful Saturday morning, so I will contact chat and see if there is a known issue and report back my findings.

Just got off chat and they seem to think a 21.0 remote will solve the problem, which I have my doubts. Get this, because I don't have the service plan, they wanted to charge me $15 to ship a remote to me. I told the rep no thanks, I can get one from work and not allow Dish to make money on the shipping charge. It would be a lot less thn $15 to ship a one pound remote. Just another way they try to screw you I guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)