OETA - Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
May of been cut without having finished the IP stuff. Sounds like cost cutting measures are/were taking the front row seats. All a product of your cheap gas prices, from what I've read. Not just OETA, but other PBS' as well.

Still not sure where they got the money from to finish it, this quick. I was told 6 months ago by a friend in engineering, it was still at least a year away if they got the funding.

Yeah it's puzzling but they been running a thank you spot thanking the donors that gave enough money to help make this happen. They showed a map of the state and the stations location with lines to each station. I believed the main spoke was at their Oklahoma City station but they did not give a date on that spot. They must have smaller stations in the state that the fiber would not make it to the fiber network. Maybe someone from Oklahoma can verify this. Well if they raised the money, that's great. The Government should hire them to raise money tword the national debt!. Maybe they moved to a different satellite that transponder space is cheaper?. I think there is room on Sputnik.

Everything comes from the new digital control center in OKC that was finished several years ago or from the 2nd satellite studio that was built at OSU-Tulsa campus in 2011, after the analog signal was shutdown and the old Tulsa studio closed. There are 4 main transmitters in OKC, Tulsa, Eufaula, and Cheyenne and then 15 low power Translators filling in the gaps in southern and western Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone

The plans for 103w c band they are going to keep as a backup if something happens to fiber the c band will most likely stay. 103w c band is easier for me to pick up than 125w even know its 2 channels but I would rather have that than nothing at all. It does work on a minibud even down to a 1 meter dish.

Reactions: norman881
Quite sad. Returned from a week long vacation to NW Florida and read this news! OETA is what finally got me into FTA, since I could barely receive it OTA after moving to SE Kansas... Now I'm back home and no OETA; Plus it'll be a long time until I get fresh oysters on-the-halfshell with margaritas...

Looks like I'll have to work on an extreme deep fringe OTA antenna setup if we're going to continue to watch OETA.

Sathint, its official now:

oeta.jpg

I haven't been able to get the Montana PBS for a while (125W, 12106/2398). Is it missing as well or just powered down for a season?
4 ft dish in Ladner BC

I am not in font of a receiver but it is still there, but moved to a different TP?

Try 11917 V 2398

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts