offer from dish...this is better!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
http://www.dishtv.com/local_channels.jsp

Under the Programing Link and Locals it states "Certain local channels may require an additional dish antenna from DISH Network, installed free of any charges at time of initial installation."

FREE SECOND DISH FOR LOCALS if your City is listed and for Indianapolis thats the VOOM Dish! NOTE: I was wrong Was going to order today by phone since you can not order the 942 online and save another $49.00 (?) but they wanted $100 for second dish since only one channel come from 61.5 and others are 119. Everything else was O.K. as far as pricing. I even asked to split the $100 charge since it was not my fault I couldn't order "On-Line". Still no good. If they gave the replacement VOOM dish at no charge, then charged for their dish it would still cost us the $100, but would make a little more sense. Told them no sale, today.

Limit one Local Channel package per eligible customer. Channels may vary by market. Certain local channels may require an additional dish antenna from DISH Network, installed free of any charges at time of initial installation. Local Networks by satellite are only available to customers who reside in the specified local Designated Market Area (DMA). Cities subject to change without notice.

I also didn't find how to order the DISH Player-DVR 942 "Online" but all info is shown under Receivers Link.

I would think that by using this Promo Code: ZZZ-ZZA any CSR could now find how to take our order and price it correctly, but who knows they may not be able to view it. Looks to me we are starting to get someplace, finally. Plan to attempt order tomorrow, but since the 942 order info is not shown it will be by phone but if you don't want or need it "On-line" should now work!

gammadude said:
I love the $100 dish install that you NEED to get some "certain" Voom HD channels. If you are a past Voom customer you probably want the Voom channels. So the install isn't free, its $100.

How do you find out if your locals are on the 61.5 satellite?

You go here. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/19

However, I have one local on 61.5 and Dish still wanted to charge me for the second dish. I said no way...

Can you get one HD and one DVR receiver instead of 2 HD's?

I called in and they said it is OK. I'm pretty sure they will be some problems about that anyway.

Well, I placed an order using the link and promo code and was charged $49.99 anyway. What a mess they have there ..

RE: Dish Offer:

"If qualifying service is terminated or downgraded prior to end of 1-year period, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $240 or $20 per month for each cancelled month of service will apply. Customer must call to downgrade after 3 months or the then-current price for the 180-channel package will apply."

It seems that you must downgrade before the 4th month starts to escape the penalties. In other words, after the 3 month special price, what ever level of service you pick...you must keep for one year or penalties apply.

The qualifying level of service is the America's 60 plan, so you can downgrade to that level and not pay the penalty.

CSR's:
The CSR's had short notice on this. They will probably get it right eventually. Let's not jump all over them. Remember when VOOM first started??

VOOM ON WEST COAST YET?
Well, I ordered my Dish/Voom deal tonight with this order so I hope to be VOOM-less no more pretty soon. However, I have heard that VOOM can not be received on the West Coast yet. Is that true? Can someone confirm?

Got TW cable in the meantime and let me tell you their HD-DVR is awesome! Can't tell if I'm watching live or not. Also HD1 and HD2 are very nice: sports, movies, travel. There is no 1 year commitment to cable so may or may not keep the cable after Dish does their thing. Looking forward to getting VOOM back.

I am here in Cali but wont be hooked up from Dish till the weakend, I will let you know.

Thanks Truggy0. I'll watch these postings.

BTW, a friend of mine in Palos Verdes just got Dish and they put in a new dish pointed at 148 but did not hook up his old VOOM Dish. He's also going to check it out. But he got the Dish before the current VOOM offer.

Later

Cool, hope he has luck. I was just on the phone trying to get my install moved up, no luck ...Dang!

There have been several posts on the forum...

Tvlman said:
CSR's:
The CSR's had short notice on this. They will probably get it right eventually. Let's not jump all over them. Remember when VOOM first started??

VOOM ON WEST COAST YET?
Well, I ordered my Dish/Voom deal tonight with this order so I hope to be VOOM-less no more pretty soon. However, I have heard that VOOM can not be received on the West Coast yet. Is that true? Can someone confirm?

Got TW cable in the meantime and let me tell you their HD-DVR is awesome! Can't tell if I'm watching live or not. Also HD1 and HD2 are very nice: sports, movies, travel. There is no 1 year commitment to cable so may or may not keep the cable after Dish does their thing. Looking forward to getting VOOM back.

from people on the West Coast that are getting the VOOM 10 already.

Not here because we haven't signed up yet. And after getting and reading the special offer from Dish to former VOOMers it is still unclear exactly what we'd have to pay. No way doing this online because once you sign this contract you are locked in to it.

So, still sort of enjoying OTA HD under clearing Seattle skies, Gill

That sounds like the same deal I got when I placed my order on Sunday. I didn't add the Voom channels when I placed the order as I couldn't get them to waive the $100 fee. So, I just made sure I got the 2nd dish for the locals and there was no charge there. As soon as it is installed (tomorrow), I will call up and order Voom and cancel the locals.

scottabs said:
That sounds like the same deal I got when I placed my order on Sunday. I didn't add the Voom channels when I placed the order as I couldn't get them to waive the $100 fee. So, I just made sure I got the 2nd dish for the locals and there was no charge there. As soon as it is installed (tomorrow), I will call up and order Voom and cancel the locals.
You may not be able to get the voom channels after the order is placed. AFAIK they have yet to offer them to current subscribers, and at that point you will be a current subscriber.

I wondered about that, but I believe Sean and DarrellP added them and they were current customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)