Official 4DTV Conversion to W5/X4 services only infornmation post

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All right... it's working! I tried selecting 216 and leaving it there for a really long time.

For anyone else who encounters this issue, the guide seems to download way, way slower than it did in years past. It was half an hour before there was anything even slightly guide-like, and about two hours before it was filled in with program information.

Has anyone tried the "allow dish to move for updates" since converting? Does it still go to G1 or has SRL found a way to make it go to X4? I'm considering using the timers to do this so that I don't have to wait for the guide to update during my awake hours.

Has anyone tried the "allow dish to move for updates" since converting? Does it still go to G1 or has SRL found a way to make it go to X4? I'm considering using the timers to do this so that I don't have to wait for the guide to update during my awake hours.

It does not move it just sits where ever you leave it after converting. I never un-check that option on my receiver either.

Candid

On my DSR-922 Option 67781 brings up the Manual Tune screen. EMM Provider is shown on the second line on that screen. Mine shows 4160 and I am getting most but not all of the subscribed channels. My problem is I can not get the schedule as some people have reported doing. How are you accessing the diagnostic screen that shows info about the schedule?

Tim

It may be here. But be really careful hitting stuff if you don't know what they mean 4DTV Tricks Also here but the images are missing 4DTV Hidden Menus

I just got off the phone with the programming center and they said that the system is backed up with rehit so they may take a while to go through and that apples to websams as well. So i'm keeping my receiver turned on and tuned to X4-216 and waiting for the trip counter to increment.

I wonder how long we need to wait to click rehit unit after clicking activate services (and do we only hit that when our EMM is 0) since it gives no confirmation.. just that it's in queue

i didnt have to wait. i hit activate and then hit rehit. you need to send the rehit after you have authed reset and have an emm of 0 and confirmed a dc lock @ x4. from one of your other posts... was the rehit setting your emm provider id to 4096 ? or was it reverting after unplugging the unit ?

crackt out,.

Hmm, I don't know if my serial is after the cut off but my 922 is Motorola branded and appears to be one of the latest. So it probably is affected. Hmm. I dunno what to do.

Still watching C4-600 Discovery...

I got my system working by doing the 4 step procedure on w5-216, since my X4 map did not have X4-216. After holding power button in for 3 seconds, a green light above the dc2 light flashed for about 1 minute. Then, X4 map was correct, with music on 900 channels. I signed up for program guide, to make sure all was well, and it eventually downloaded. Also, when I did the 4 step procedure, my clock went off by 5 hours. After the program guide downloaded, my clock was correct. Then, I ordered programming sub. All works fine. Also, I can still get Showtime on G0-101, G4-16, and my tiles are all intact for using the receiver to drive the dish for a fta that is coming. BTW, the X4 tile loaded fine in spite of my TDT being at 1920. Thanks to all for help. Now, as said before, if we could only get Discovery channel. And, for me, I would like Travel Channel and Learning Channel, too, plus a few in HD. Then, I would have all I want, since I can get movies through Netflix.

i didnt have to wait. i hit activate and then hit rehit. you need to send the rehit after you have authed reset and have an emm of 0 and confirmed a dc lock @ x4. from one of your other posts... was the rehit setting your emm provider id to 4096 ? or was it reverting after unplugging the unit ?

crackt out,.

No, following the usual 4 step alternate method (clearing emm to 0 then trying to get rehit) didnt work. only way i got to the new emm was with the mini rehit using the password rehit so i could watch something but i dont recommend it to others, but i never saw it revert back to 4096. We'll see when the new workaround comes out for those of us having probs that have the correct serials. Mine falls into that group

No, following the usual 4 step alternate method (clearing emm to 0 then trying to get rehit) didnt work. only way i got to the new emm was with the mini rehit using the password rehit so i could watch something but i dont recommend it to others, but i never saw it revert back to 4096. We'll see when the new workaround comes out for those of us having probs that have the correct serials. Mine falls into that group

It works finally :) I reset my EMM to 0 and tried a rehit and WOOHOO i'm good to go activation accepted, the motorola update works.

My 920s have never updated to X4 and will let time pass until there is a better fix. Use my BUD for Music Choice on G5 and DVB. Last year made some choices that payed off. Had a sub until Jan 1, 10 and went off even though the sub was good until middle of Jan 11. Can not discuss what I am doing here but have everything in TV and Radio I want. Will stay tuned in for the latest of developments in the mean time no $$ are going to programming on 4DTV. RIP ! Life goes on.

Hi all
I followed these steps:
Here are the instructions to follow on how to get the 4DTV to work on the W5 only

Yes, I know that it was advised we not follow that 7step process, but unfortunately I checked here after the fact. I have already followed the 7 steps.

Is the frequency supposed to be 1430.00 or 1340.00 ?

I used 1340.00 waited a short while and I was able to select X4 on the program satellite screen. However, when I go to a channel on X4, it gives me the channel title (STYLE) at the top, but no picture. It says "Can not find channel, continuing to search".

Any ideas?

Hello Hutchie,

If you go to the SkyVision site, they have a few different sets of instructions on their page for receivers that are in different states of disarray..

skyvison.com

Look on the right-hand side of the page, and you'll see some Master Reset instructions.

I'm sorry to hear that you had done those 7 steps. :(

I somehow lost the X4 satellite mapping on my 922 yesterday, April 13, 2011. Finally, after many tries, I ended up retrieving the proper mapping with the following actions (possibly not in perfect order here):

1) Changed my LNB settings to C-band only (they were C-band/Ku-band). [Options-6-4-2-....]
2) Removed the X4 satellite (do that while parked on W5). [Options-6-4-4-....]
3) Tuned to W5 ch 216.
4) Turned off and unplugged the 922 receiver.
5) Plugged the 922 back in, turned it on and confirmed it was on W5 ch 216
6) Brought up STATUS to confirm a hit and observe channel count. [Options-6-5 ]
7) Went to the Sams online and called for a hit.
8) I think I held down the GUIDE button here (not sure of value of such).
8) Installed the X4 satellite and it came up on ch 201 (rather than ch 1).
9) Returned my LNB settings to C-band/Ku-band.

The channel count with the C-band LNB only was below 4800 while with the C-band/Ku-band LNB was over 4800 for what it is worth. Of course, no hardware was changed.

Item one (1) was important in that many earlier tries did not include it and my memory finally revealed to me that I had had to do that on the initial successful time around. To my regret I did not document these steps earlier. Still not sure what clobbered that X4 mapping.

I apologize to those who have already posted this elsewhere.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hey Whats Up with this??
My Guide was all messed on my 920. The wrong shows and times. I did a 6-0-5 Screen F and info. Cleared Guide no info . WITHIN 10-15 Minutes I had a full and accurate guide with info. Did the guide download speed get tweeked way faster??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts