Official 922 Installation Problems Thread

if anyone is having trouble with sling not working, logos not loading and help screen/tv anyware screen being white it seems the fix is to leave your receiver on standby for about a hour. fixed mine anyways

Did that it still does not work. Event left on standby for eight hours.

Same here :mad:

Hi, I'm having the same EHD problem. I transferred a few shows, fine, but then I transferred a few more and the files seem to be corrupted. I called Dish last night and they said the are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Oh, that was from Advanced Tech Support.

Also, Search was not working yesterday, but seems to be this afternoon.

Is it hooked to broadband?

Have you tried hitting the red reset button and letting it sit?

Yes it is hooked up to broadband and did the reset button 10 times no luck.

I went over all of the trouble shooting with the Dish and no luck. They will call me back. I may need a new receiver. I can change and record any programs from Dish remote access on line and on my IPhone.

Scott do you know is this is a bad bug or something. I notice that when I go into sling and watch it or on my iphone mirroring something off of tuner one will not show the guide or anything only the picture here is pictures of my tv in the kitchen.

Attachments

• dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 130
  • dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 166
It recognized my EHD. I tested by transferring a few programs and it worked. I then selected all for transfer and now I have 47 events of unrecognizable programs in my DVR list. It corrupted everything and now all is lost.

I have had the same problem. I can see my EHD and everything on it, but when it transfers to the 922 it is recognized as On Demand programming and gives me a black screen. I talked to tech support today and they told me that the EHD support was just added 5 days ago. They hadn't got it to work before that. I was told to wait for S102 before I try to transfer anymore items

I have had the same problem. I can see my EHD and everything on it, but when it transfers to the 922 it is recognized as On Demand programming and gives me a black screen. I talked to tech support today and they told me that the EHD support was just added 5 days ago. They hadn't got it to work before that. I was told to wait for S102 before I try to transfer anymore items

Did they give you any idea when S102 would be coming out?

Here's an issue I continue to have. When I go to the remote access site, and click my DVR it tells me that the receiver isn't connected and to reset my broadband connection. That doesn't work. What does work is I then take my iPod and connect to it. Once there is a connection between the two, the website works. Any ideas why this is?

My install was today. Three guys from Dish showed up since this is the first 922 in their region. Most everything is working (including sling) except for the OTA module and search. Whenever I go to Local Channels, I get an error stating that the OTA module is required for this feature. But, it's installed. The installation guys went back to their office to pick up another module. Anyone else have OTA module issues?

Also, for some reason I don't see an option for 1080P output under the HDMI setup. Doesn't this receiver output 1080P?

My install was today. Three guys from Dish showed up since this is the first 922 in their region. Most everything is working (including sling) except for the OTA module and search. Whenever I go to Local Channels, I get an error stating that the OTA module is required for this feature. But, it's installed. The installation guys went back to their office to pick up another module. Anyone else have OTA module issues?

Also, for some reason I don't see an option for 1080P output under the HDMI setup. Doesn't this receiver output 1080P?

NO & YES only when it is 1080p content from Ondemand.

Scott do you know is this is a bad bug or something. I notice that when I go into sling and watch it or on my iphone mirroring something off of tuner one will not show the guide or anything only the picture here is pictures of my tv in the kitchen.
TV2/Sling does not show manus (or the guide) if you are streaming in HD.

If you are in SD the menus show fine.

I had two guys show up and watch me install it! It was the first one in my city and they were unsure how things would go. I told them that I was just swapping out a 622 and would prefer to do it myself if they didn't mind. They were all for it. 1080P is only available on select Dish on Demand programs. I had no OTA issues.

TV2/Sling does not show manus (or the guide) if you are streaming in HD.

If you are in SD the menus show fine.

I am streaming in SD of the coax and to the tv's. If I reset the box I get the guide and everything back. when I go to view remotley from iphone or the website it goes back to the all black in other posts picture.

Attachments

• dishsling3.jpg
    dishsling3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 139
Looks like the problem was the OTA module. They tried another module and it's working now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)