Official 922 Installation Problems Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also when watching the sling the SD option is working pretty well but when i switch to HD it is running terribly, skipping and jittering around

We have tried to mirror off using the tv2 distribution block and had no luck. Also tried the yellow video output on tv2(no luck) then tried the yellow out put for tv 1, alas success in mirroring. any ideas anybody

My TECH told me in order to get good HD from the sling side you will need 1.25MB upload speed. This is nuts as most home broadband is at 735KB speed.

It looks like most of DISH customer with the 922 needs to update to a cable modem in order to get the higher upload speed.

Comcast in my area is now trying to talk me into leaving Dish. I am stuck since I cant get a higher upload speed without getting cable.

THIS SUCKS!!

Also when watching the sling the SD option is working pretty well but when i switch to HD it is running terribly, skipping and jittering around

Does your PCs specs support HD play back? Remember HD video is VERY taxing on computer hardware. You should have at least core 2 duo processors (quad core would be better) and a very fast video card (not some integrated video piece of crap)

No according to Comcast I will need to either get their VOIP service or basic cable service in order to get INTERNET from them bad bad bad:(

That is not correct. We have only Comcast internet. They provide internet only to all customers.

I am an internet only customer through comcrap...it cost more yes but it is an option.

I tried it through the online chat and I,am all set up. I wish that the Bay Area had better Broadband speed available. Strange the bay area is the Hub for some major HIGH TECH companies such as APPLE SUN MICROSYSTEM CISCO , etc., and yet no real high speed internet service for the home is available.

This may be true for your area. It may not be true for the bay area. Does anyone have internet only with Comcast in the San Francisco bay area?

if you order there basic local channels u get fast internet for like 10 dollars cheaper then if u went stand alone internet through crapcastic. thats how it is in LA and knoxville

if you order there basic local channels u get fast internet for like 10 dollars cheaper then if u went stand alone internet through crapcastic. thats how it is in LA and knoxville

This is how it us for me, also. Near D.C. in Northern VA.

The brought over a second box with the same result. A supervisor was also here, as they spent 3.5 hours on this thing.

Apparently this has been happening with other installs and Dish is apparently meeting regarding the performance issues. They left the box hooked up for now. The regular tv functions work.

The issues I have are:

- no sling link activity, the tv everywhere menu is a blank white screen
- weather menu is blank white
- my account menu is blank white
- no channel logos
- i over heard there are problems with the search functions, haven't tried yet
- noticeable overscan with the guide and some of the menus
- Also overheard the engineer indicate that EHD are not being recognized, as nine is not.
- there is talk of a firmware update or updates

So far not impressed.
I will move a 211 into the living room so I am back to the way i was until this gets resloved.

any fix on the sling / channel logos yet? my 922 has been on for 5 hrs now and still nothing

any fix on the sling / channel logos yet? my 922 has been on for 5 hrs now and still nothing

My channel logos and sling started working all of a sudden, it seems fine.

I called and apparently still on external hard drive support, as i spoke to what i believe was 3rd level support.

I just had my 922 installed this afternoon and I can't seem to get the search to work properly. It won't find anything. Has anyone else had this problem?:confused:

I'm able to get the channel logos on the guide but they are partially cut-off. any ideas?

That should be easy to fix, one of the things I love about the 922's software is the re-introduction of screen of a feature that I believe those Dishplayer 7100's had, screen adjustment.

Hit "Menu" and scroll to "Screen Adjustment" and click and adjust the position of the image. Although as nice as this is, they are missing the "Screen Size" adjustment feature, that I believe those 7100's had on them that would allow us to self correct some of the over-scan issues we have with some of the menus. Good luck. Hope this helped.

Did you do any thing special to have the station logo's appear? Or were you just luckier than most of us?

I'm able to get the channel logos on the guide but they are partially cut-off. any ideas?
I had this problem about 2 weeks ago when I got my 922, crazy as it sounds its the TV. Logos were cut off on my 2 years old vizio 32" have a Sharp LED and a newer 32" vizio. On the latter two the logos work fine, its just the older set that cut them off. No idea why this is as it does it on HDMI or componet cables.

That should be easy to fix, one of the things I love about the 922's software is the re-introduction of screen of a feature that I believe those Dishplayer 7100's had, screen adjustment.

Hit "Menu" and scroll to "Screen Adjustment" and click and adjust the position of the image. Although as nice as this is, they are missing the "Screen Size" adjustment feature, that I believe those 7100's had on them that would allow us to self correct some of the over-scan issues we have with some of the menus. Good luck. Hope this helped.

Did you do any thing special to have the station logo's appear? Or were you just luckier than most of us?
that does but doesnt work, sure you can move the screen to the right to show the logos but your cutting off part of the picture as it moves the entire picture and doesnt stretch it,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)