Official 922 Installation Problems Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had this problem about 2 weeks ago when I got my 922, crazy as it sounds its the TV. Logos were cut off on my 2 years old vizio 32" have a Sharp LED and a newer 32" vizio. On the latter two the logos work fine, its just the older set that cut them off. No idea why this is as it does it on HDMI or componet cables.

That is called overscan, most displays should have an option to adjust it.

We have tried to mirror off using the tv2 distribution block and had no luck. Also tried the yellow video output on tv2(no luck) then tried the yellow out put for tv 1, alas success in mirroring. any ideas anybody

I just switch to Dish from Direct w/922 & 612 today. So far I have figured out that if you have a sling stream running the tv2 coax mirrors the sling and if you have your remote set to tv2 then it works the sling-tv2. If you set shared view to on in the settings menu the tv2 coax will automatic revert back to mirror tv1 after the sling stream is canceled. If Dish would give us the option to leave the 922 in DUO mode permanently I would really be happy with the switch

I was expecting the Dish receivers to be a lot faster than my hr21. The guides are faster on dish but in usage they suck you have to click things way to many times compared to using the short cuts on the hr21. Searching,setting up recordings and deleting programs are way better and faster on the hr21. IMO Maybe after I use these new receivers after a week or so I might find all of the shortcuts to make life easier

if anyone is having trouble with sling not working, logos not loading and help screen/tv anyware screen being white it seems the fix is to leave your receiver on standby for about a hour. fixed mine anyways

Anyone having issues with timers and recording off of the 922 Ora module? I can not delete what I recorded and it gets stuck on a black screen a hard rest works. Also I had the 922 reset itself after about 30min tryin t delete something off the dvr

Putting my reciever in standby for an hour seems to have solved the white screens, logos, and ED access issue. There are still some usability quirks with the software, but these seem to be more along the lines of bad ui instead of features not working.

As a beta tester I was able to watch via Sling on my PC last week, since then they have moved the site to access the 922 from a Sling web site to a Dish site. Now I get the same message as another user "There was a problem communicating with your slingbox. Try again later.". I can still Sling to my iPhone and can see the 922 in Dish Remote Access.

EHD transfer

It recognized my EHD. I tested by transferring a few programs and it worked. I then selected all for transfer and now I have 47 events of unrecognizable programs in my DVR list. It corrupted everything and now all is lost.

What a difference a good night's sleep makes! Putting the 922 in Standby mode did clear up most of the problems mentioned in the thread. My EHD is recognized (although it appears some content isn't visible; have not tried to transfer yet), I can Sling (didn't try in on my BlackBerry yet, but it now works on PC), My Account, Weather and Channel Logo's are no longer blank. This is more like it Dish! There is still some very severe overscan on the menus, but this receiver can safely be used as your primary receiver now and you don't feel like a beta tester using it!

Great job Dish! You came out with a receiver that we wanted, made sure that it worked out of the box (although it had to take a nap after being installed) and allowed current customers to get it without giving priority to new customers. You announced it would be available on April 7th, and when I called on April 7th the CSR knew what I was talking about when I inquired about the 922 and you had it delivered and installed the following day!

But let's not forget we wouldn't have known much about this box, the good, the bad and the ugly, without the hard work that Scott and the rest of his staff have put into this site! And, let's not forget that it's my fellow members that help make Satelliteguys the best place to come to keep up with all that is going on with all things Satellite and more!

Anyone else still having problems with the search feature not working?

Mine is broken also it seems to only find what is in my recorded list. I have to use the guide or my iphone to find shows and setup timers.

Yes indeed, it seems like many of the features take overnight to work correctly. I noticed that with mine when I got it, but since I had mine for so long now I wasnt sure if it was still like that.. and indeed it appears that is the case.

The guide looks MUCH better with the logos in it. :D

I really like the logos in the guide. But one thing I wished you could turn off the logos in the saved recordings. When I goto my recording folders and all I see is Network logos everywhere and I have to sit and try to figure out what folder my show is in.

I really like the logos in the guide. But one thing I wished you could turn off the logos in the saved recordings. When I goto my recording folders and all I see is Network logos everywhere and I have to sit and try to figure out what folder my show is in.

I noticed this too. It was even worse with recording from OTA. But now, I'm seeing Movie Poster type icons for the 4 things I've recorded so far.

Yes over time the shows will show slides from the show insatead of the channel logo. Just takes the 922 time to build up the database of these things. But once it has them it has them.

Enjoy your 922!

Yes over time the shows will show slides from the show insatead of the channel logo. Just takes the 922 time to build up the database of these things. But once it has them it has them.

Enjoy your 922!
Does the 922 give you the option to NOT display items (like recordings) in 'tile' mode, but instead in 'text/list' mode? Although tiles are neat at first, they can become cumbersome. So, can the 922 display recordings like the 622/722 does?

It recognized my EHD. I tested by transferring a few programs and it worked. I then selected all for transfer and now I have 47 events of unrecognizable programs in my DVR list. It corrupted everything and now all is lost.

Same here :mad:

Scott or anyone I called Dish and it seems that the sling player in my 922 is not working. I cannot watch anything through my IPhone or through Dish remote access on the Web. Also the sling everywhere dose not work along with the weather info or account access. The broadband does show connected and working find. Is their a fix to this or do I need anther 922?