Official 922 Installation Problems Thread

Got my 922 today. I've got a Mac OS X, and can't watch sling programming on Safari or Firefox. Safari does nothing, and Firefox won't let me download the plug-in. Tech tells me to call Apple. That seems a bit silly, the Apple is fine, it's their product that's not working. Any solutions?

I think I spoke too soon when praising Dish and the 922. Tonight the damn thing isn't watchable. It just locks up and freezes and has rebooted several times. I'm fine after a reboot as long as I don't do anything.

I also attempted a EHD transfer and although the programs are no longer on my EHD, they also got corrupted as others have reported. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRANSFER ANY PROGRAMS OFF YOUR EHD TO THE 922, UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU LOSE THE PROGRAM. Otherwise I would suggest that you do what the other poster said and wait for S102.

I also attempted a EHD transfer and although the programs are no longer on my EHD, they also got corrupted as others have reported. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRANSFER ANY PROGRAMS OFF YOUR EHD TO THE 922, UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU LOSE THE PROGRAM. Otherwise I would suggest that you do what the other poster said and wait for S102.

A friend of mine got his 922 today. He successfully transferred 32 recordings from the EHD to the 922. Most were HD content. No problems. Took forever, though. So far, so good. The tech forgot to install his OTA module, though. :rolleyes: They're coming back tomorrow. Interesting thing about that, two different CSR's said that they WILL install an OTA antenna (clipped to the dish??). The tech said he never heard of such a thing, so I guess that's not happening..

I think I spoke too soon when praising Dish and the 922. Tonight the damn thing isn't watchable. It just locks up and freezes and has rebooted several times. I'm fine after a reboot as long as I don't do anything.

thats crazy Ive had mine for about 3 to 4 weeks now and its never done any of that crazy rebooting, allot of the problems I read about Ive not experienced (thankfully) since Ive had it.

I can access sling through the website fine, I cant through the iphone app. Downloaded the sling app, it shows the 922 but keeps telling me I have an incorrect password even though im entering the correct password. Although when I do access sling through the website it tells me I have an invalid password to start but then asks me to press okay and once I do it will start up fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

I can access sling through the website fine, I cant through the iphone app. Downloaded the sling app, it shows the 922 but keeps telling me I have an incorrect password even though im entering the correct password. Although when I do access sling through the website it tells me I have an invalid password to start but then asks me to press okay and once I do it will start up fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the exact login problems, no iPhone password accepted but website access after invalid password message and OK click! In addition, once I get access through the website, I can see HD fine but the audio is so choppy it is useless. SD works fine - video and audio.

The tech is here right now installing the new system (this is their first 922) and for some reason while setting it up they must use the DVR buttons for navigation. The standard buttons are not responding correctly with the exception of the select key...

Any thoughts?

I have the exact login problems, no iPhone password accepted but website access after invalid password message and OK click! In addition, once I get access through the website, I can see HD fine but the audio is so choppy it is useless. SD works fine - video and audio.

Hey at least it's not an isolated problem. Hopefully there's a fix pushed out for this. Or something we can do to correct this. I'm not stressing out on it, as long as it's fixed soon

TV2/Sling does not show manus (or the guide) if you are streaming in HD.

If you are in SD the menus show fine.
Do you think this is a temporary situation that E* intends to address, or is this how it is going to have to work? I'd want full 922 functionality regardless of what E* programming I'm watching (and I watch only HD these days).

From the website, you have to click "go mobile" at the top of the screen. After a few prompts, it will ask you to establish an email and password.

The tech is here right now installing the new system (this is their first 922) and for some reason while setting it up they must use the DVR buttons for navigation. The standard buttons are not responding correctly with the exception of the select key...

Any thoughts?

Out of the box, it's set up to use the touchpad remote. They have to do everything from the panel until the software download is complete. Once complete, follow the instructions on page 9 of the help guide to establish a link with the remote.

I am having problems with basic DVR functions. Recorded programs if they play at all, have many pixelating problems and at times with many blank pictures that turn into system freeze-ups. It's not just occasional it's with almost every recorded program. The DVR transfers complete but end up with corrupted programs that can't be watched at all. Now that most of you are up and running and have given your 922's plenty of time in stand by to be fully functional, are any of you still having EHD transfer problems and the pixelation and freeze-ups that I'm experiencing? Or are all of your problems just related to the Sling/iPhone problems?

I cannot access this site (says my username/password is invalid) DISH Remote Access Login

Am I missing something here? It tells me to use my Dish login, which I get into fine... But when I go to the Dish remote access screen I get a new page that I cannot log into. (sorry about the formatting)

Introducing New Features and Improved Login!
Login here ... but not for long!

We've made major improvements to Dish Remote
Access, only available at Dishnetwork.com. This
page is going away soon so sign up today - all
accounts* are now eligible!
Email Address
Password
Remember me on this computer
Forgot your password? Enter your email address above.

Go to Dishnetwork.com to sign up now. What's new?
New Features...
- Satellite schedulers allows you to set your timers without requiring your receiver to always be online!
- Support for more receivers including 522, 625, VIP® 612, VIP® 622, VIP® 722, and VIP® 722k.
- Enhanced User Interface.
New Login...
- Integrated Dishnetwork.com login puts all your receivers under one account automatically.
- Access your bill, ugrade your programming and equipment, and manage your DVR all in one place.

Any thoughts?
grab a 20.0 IR remote if you have one (comes with a 722k) and see if that works, thats the remote Ive been using since I didnt get a 32.0 remote.

I cannot access this site (says my username/password is invalid) DISH Remote Access Login

QUOTE]

You might try logging into your Dish account and checking your password. The site has been asking me to validate my password for several weeks now. My old password was only 5 digits and now you need 8. Finally changed mine today after seeing problems logging in.
Getting ready for my 922 on Tuesday.:)

Well, something must have gone wrong with my HD or the 922 itself. When I first got the receiver the 922 worked great as far as the basic DVR functions and viewing and pausing live TV. I started the thread when I had the same problems as most of you had (blank screens for Weather, My Account & Sling, no channel logos, limited searches and EHD's not being recognized. After those problems went away with the 922 getting a good night's sleep, now basic DVR functions are gone. It's fine as long as I'm watching live TV, but whenever I pause the 922, it pauses but when I hit play it jumps to live and I cannot rewind or skip backwards. I called tonight @ 10 pm and they are having a replacement delivered to me by a tech between 8-12. Hopefully the second one will give me better luck!

issue---

just had my 922 on pause for about 4 min. then screen went blank and reset.

I tried transferring files from ehd to 922. it moved the names of programs but not the programs. It then deleted all files off my ehd. so I lost all my files.
it was only 35 things but i already miss my band of brothers that i just finished getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)