Official 922 Release Notice

Here are the product specs:

Audio Transcoding
2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band 802.11 a/g/n wireless support
2x2 MIMO internal wireless antenna
WEP, WPA/WPA2 (PSK) encryption for wireless security
RJ-45 10/100 Ethernet

Does that not mean it is Wi-Fi?
Interesting find. I believe JTBenson is looking here. I believe that info is spurious, the resut of cut/paste mania. Somebody cut and pasted that block under Audio Transcoding, even though it includes nothing about audio or transcoding, and then went blind to their mistake.

I just talked to Claude from DISHSTORE and he just got 50 of the cartridges in stock today. :)

Yes IR works, you just need to turn IR on in the remote setup screen as shown in the review.

If your getting it from Dish they will send a Tech out... which might not be abad thing, as if your other equipment such as DISH, or switch need upading or a repoint they will do it as well while they are there.

Also if you are a do it yourself type person when the tech comes tell them that, tell them you want to install it yourself, had them a $10 bill and send them on their way and they will be happy. :D

Cool...thanks Scott! :D

So the software is only on these satellites? I assume it is also on one of the eastern arc sats?

I can only see 110/119/129 so it must be on one of these for the Western Arc. They must have also put it on an eastern sat. What I don't understand is why they didn't choose a transponder that would allow Alaska to download the updates?

Does Sling have any Wi-Fi Solutions? HomePlug/SlinkLink does not work in my house. I have tried it and my house is not wired correctly for it. Also I cannot run a line to my receiver. I can buy a wireless bridge, but I would prefer not spending an extra $100 and where I want the slingbox doesn't have enough outlets right now.

So are we able to output to a 2nd tv on a stock 922 with no Ota tuners ? I want to hook it up via HDMI to my main TV and via coax to a spare tv I Understand it will only be in single mode just need a secondary output.

The receiver will only go into Duo mode when remote viewing is in session. Once the remote viewing session has ended, the receiver will return to Solo mode.

Does this mean that even if I would prefer the receiver to stay in SOLO mode it will switch to duo (even if I do not want it to) when remote viewing?

Does this mean that even if I would prefer the receiver to stay in SOLO mode it will switch to duo (even if I do not want it to) when remote viewing?

Thats what I asked in the beginning of this thread. Nobody answered my question. Im guessing YES and thats why Im just going to get a Slingbox Pro-HD and replace my 622's with 722k's.

The answer to that is yes, it flips to dual mode when someone connects to the Slingbox.

Does the 922 have a discrete remote code for toggling Closed Captioning (CC) on and off? It takes over 9 steps to turn CC on and off now through the menu system. Harmony remote controls only support 5 sequences.

Does the 922 have a discrete remote code for toggling Closed Captioning (CC) on and off? It takes over 9 steps to turn CC on and off now through the menu system. Harmony remote controls only support 5 sequences.

No, process is similar, but not the same, as the other VIP receivers.