This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Official Date Hopper 3 and 4k Joey - January 28th

No NO

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Earth

** Note from Scott - The second image was removed as it contained retailer costs or retailer profits, which is not allowed here. What the retailer pay or gets paid is between the retailer and DISH only. **

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brodieb
interesting
it says it supports on demand 4k. will it support sat feed 4k?
its just wording, but wording is everything

That jumped out at me as well.

Reality is, today, and it's not likely to change by Jan 28th, there is no 4K programming available by satellite anyway. If they say it supports 4K satellite programming, people will expect channels.

Reactions: DWS44
interesting

Yes when available. If they put that in their now people would be upset there is nothing on satellite in 4K. Wording is everything.

Reactions: D. Manley
so on the 28th i will get in touch with dish and let them know that i need a new hopper3 and a new joey to go along with it.

so on the 28th i will get in touch with dish and let them know that i need a new hopper3 and a new joey to go along with it.
On the 28th you can contact Dish to see if you qualify for the free upgrade, at this point no one knows who will get it for free. It might have an upgrade cost as well as an installation fee - no one really knows the final details yet. Let's hope it really is free for most of us.

Reactions: bluegras
I have an install setup on Friday 1/15 for a free Super Joey add-on, My cancel it and hold off for the Hopper 3 after all. Maybe since the Super Joey add-on was going to be free this will be as well. Fingers Crossed

Right now I have 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, what am i saving with one hopper 3 and 3 joeys. Any chance for the joeys to have pip.

Right now I have 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, what am i saving with one hopper 3 and 3 joeys. Any chance for the joeys to have pip.

You have a similar setup to mine. You'll have to swap out one Hopper with the Hopper 3 and replace the other Hopper with a new Joey. Depending on what version of the Joeys you currently have you may have those upgraded the the newest version. You're bill should actually go down a few dollars because you'll be paying for a Joey instead of a second Hopper now.

This may be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having two ethernet ports on the back of the Hopper 3? Also, will the AV ports (HDMI, Component, Composite, Digital Audio) all be hot at the same time, or will using one shut down the others?

Any chance ordering the hopper3 from this site when the time comes?I already have the hopper2 want to upgrade.

I'm sure there will be a Hopper 3 Upgrade thread on here where you can get a hold of DIRT to line up an upgrade. No upgrade requests will be available until the receiver is available though.

Also, will the AV ports (HDMI, Component, Composite, Digital Audio) all be hot at the same time, or will using one shut down the others?

All will be available at the same time UNLESS you are viewing 4K content. According to reports, while watching 4K, the H3 will temporarily disable all of the other output except for HDMI.