OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The problem is even if we were to wake up on Thursday with 10 new HD channels on Dish, there will still be complaints. They will undoubtedly miss someones favorite channel set. People still complain about missing standard definition channels. This thread will go on for a very long time.

My Complaint Is that I have missed 2 Super Bowls in HD because my locals were going to be added by dish in 2006 for the Asheville,NC, Spartanburg & Greenville, SC area and have yet to be added by dish but have been added by direct. What happened to that plan, Charlie & Jim? It was just BS by dish. If you say you're going to do it, then do it. Almost 2 years or so after they told everyone of this. I get pissed off because I bragged about dish getting these before direct. Now some of my co-workers who have direct got to watch the super bowl in HD and the ones that took my advise an went with dish did not get to watch in HD. Forget about the OTA angle because it does not happen in the mountains west of Asheville. This is the complaint page, this is my complaint........................................................Thanks, I needed that. After all these years I should have know better than to believe what Dish says. If they didn't have the 622, I would have been gone last week.

Why are you guys complaining about this? Dish Network was MEANT for people who are on a limited budget.

You want HD, then go to Rotten Rupert.

Wanted the Stupid Bowl in HD, then find a "way" then.

Remember Dish Network's Promise: they are to be the "lowest price" satellite TV company ( DISH Network -- About Us ).

Not a whole lot of people have HDTVs yet, and it will not fit Dish Network's target audience, because HDTVs are too expensive, for the "average" Dish Network family, especially with our economy in a recession, who wants to but a HDTV now?

We could have complaint topics about "Why didn't Dish Network get TFC, and TFC other channels, before Rotten Rupert, got exclusivity rights?", or "Why didn't Dish Network find a way to get YES (there were lots of this topic)?"

Currently, I own 0 HDTVs, so I don't mind, but in my opinion, I want Dish Network to work on getting LESS HD content, and get Al Jazeera in English, but I don't know why Dish Network, didn't get that, yet Dish Network "uplinked" ART Sports.

Anyway, HD is taking up way too much bandwidth on the satellites.

HD is the LAST thing Dish Network should be working on, but you might say "Dish Network are backtracking their promise," well blame their satellites, and the FCC.

Bless you Scott, Now I can skip all the CRAP!

Mods or Scott... can you please delete posts like these or put them in their own thread. This is for complaints only. I'm sick of everytime I wanna read complaints, I gotta read people praising and thanking Scott.

:rolleyes:

It's worse than that. I HAD CBS-HD's national feed 4 years ago, went through a LOT of trouble getting the waiver and everything, and now that was taken away.

I'm in the Greenville-Spartanburg DMA and have been lied to for two years about HD locals.

NOW my OTA (which BARELY picks up Fox and ABC) picks up nothing on two different antennas. Rebooted countless times. Nothing.
:mad:

are there any complainers left to complain?

it's pretty quiet around here lately. that coupled with the fact the directv online order system is completely down right now makes me believe this will not be the longest thread ever.

kudos to dish for realizing they may be able to keep SOME customers who love their HD DVRs and USB archive, by offering an HD only package.

Ironically today, D* called me and offered me a free HD DVR plus $400 in savings. This is really, really tempting but I just signed up for dvr advantage and free cinemax for 2 years, though I'm not under contract.

Anyone know if I get to keep my free cinemax if I downgrade to HD only, as long as I keep autopay/paperless billing. I realize I would only get cinemax HD but that's still pretty good for $30/mth.

what makes you think you would only get MAXHD and not the SD's too?

Why are you guys complaining about this? Dish Network was MEANT for people who are on a limited budget.

You want HD, then go to Rotten Rupert.

Wanted the Stupid Bowl in HD, then find a "way" then.

Remember Dish Network's Promise: they are to be the "lowest price" satellite TV company ( DISH Network -- About Us ).

Not a whole lot of people have HDTVs yet, and it will not fit Dish Network's target audience, because HDTVs are too expensive, for the "average" Dish Network family, especially with our economy in a recession, who wants to but a HDTV now?

We could have complaint topics about "Why didn't Dish Network get TFC, and TFC other channels, before Rotten Rupert, got exclusivity rights?", or "Why didn't Dish Network find a way to get YES (there were lots of this topic)?"

Currently, I own 0 HDTVs, so I don't mind, but in my opinion, I want Dish Network to work on getting LESS HD content, and get Al Jazeera in English, but I don't know why Dish Network, didn't get that, yet Dish Network "uplinked" ART Sports.

Anyway, HD is taking up way too much bandwidth on the satellites.

HD is the LAST thing Dish Network should be working on, but you might say "Dish Network are backtracking their promise," well blame their satellites, and the FCC.

All I can say is WTF???

Count me among the disappointed. Just turning on this week's WWE Raw, and seeing it in SD still on USA Network. Shame that even though it's only 'rasslin', Raw is still a top 10 program on PayTV nearly every week.

Of course, there are other channels that would be nice to have in HD too. If Dish could throw us a channel a month or something in HD until they reach their 100+ they're promising, that would even be great! Anything to let us know progress is being made and we haven't just been sucked in by empty promises.

Thanks for listening, and giving us a place to vent!

Murph

^Ha!

My birthday is Friday. I wonder if Charlie will give me the gift of HD locals... It's not like I wasn't told I'd have them by the end of 2006 when I signed up in June of '06.

Maybe if I had the cash to be Pub Member, I'd know more! Apparently Digiblur said something is a brewin'...

^Ha!

My birthday is Friday. I wonder if Charlie will give me the gift of HD locals... It's not like I wasn't told I'd have them by the end of 2006 when I signed up in June of '06.

Maybe if I had the cash to be Pub Member, I'd know more! Apparently Digiblur said something is a brewin'...

I don't have the cash either, but I *really* hope Cleveland Locals are being discussed in the pub. :)

I don't have the cash either, but I *really* hope Cleveland Locals are being discussed in the pub. :)
Sorry, no specific discussion about HD LIL. Just some speculation about what might be happening on ......

This isn't a complaint, so why would you put it here? 9 posts before this one you "demanded" that Scott or a Mod "...please delete posts like these or put them in their own thread. This is for complaints only. I'm sick of everytime I wanna read complaints, I gotta read people praising and thanking Scott." Shouldn't this be in a different thread? :rolleyes: ;)

This isn't a complaint, so why would you put it here? 9 posts before this one you "demanded" that Scott or a Mod "...please delete posts like these or put them in their own thread. This is for complaints only. I'm sick of everytime I wanna read complaints, I gotta read people praising and thanking Scott." Shouldn't this be in a different thread? :rolleyes: ;)

LOL touche!

oops, sorry, complain, complain, complain, darn E*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)