OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

Wow, after reading several pages of posts on this thread I think I could write the Cliff's Notes summary as "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa! We want everything and we want it yesterday!"

Well, if you had been reading everything on the board from the beginning, you would know that there are some channels which have already had space allocated, and some of them were actually seen being transmitted! So what, exactly, is unreasonable about expecting them to be available NOW rather than in some undefined future?

What is unreasonable is for grown men to lose patience because of something beyond their control and scope of knowledge. This isn't a deliberate act to make us unhappy.

What is unreasonable is for grown men to lose patience because of something beyond their control and scope of knowledge.

What is unreasonable is for Dish to not give its customers a complete and accurate explanation of what's going on, rather than saying nothing as they did for a long time or giving vague information that tells us nothing we hadn't already speculated upon as they did Monday.

What is unreasonable is for Dish to not give its customers a complete and accurate explanation of what's going on, rather than saying nothing as they did for a long time or giving vague information that tells us nothing we hadn't already speculated upon as they did Monday.
What other service industry company does this and delivers on their promises on a regular basis? Do you enjoy looking forward to future services more than partaking of existing services?

I have been an E* customer since 1997 but I think with the impending amc-14 failure now may be the time for me to jump ship to D* ... I don't have unreasonable expectations just MSG-HD & Speed -HD ,any other HD's I can take as they come ...but with the failure of the new satellite this is all going to be pushed back again ... and the upbeat Charlie chat info will be delayed until the next bird goes into orbit

I have been an E* customer since 1997 but I think with the impending amc-14 failure now may be the time for me to jump ship to D* ... I don't have unreasonable expectations just MSG-HD & Speed -HD ,any other HD's I can take as they come ...but with the failure of the new satellite this is all going to be pushed back again ... and the upbeat Charlie chat info will be delayed until the next bird goes into orbit
Yep! I'm dropping them this month as well. I was going to give E* untill they got this bird launched,But screw that now! I can't justify giving him a penny for services I can get already with D*, This will put the Scranton/ Wilkes Barre locals on hold untill damn near 2010.

Go ahead jump ship, you will be crying in a another month, oh I wish I would have stayed with E . Just have to have a little patience they will get it straight.

What will you do when they get back on top start complaining that E has more and spend more money to switch back it is always going to go back and forth that is how they compete with each other.

What will you do when they get back on top start complaining that E has more and spend more money to switch back it is always going to go back and forth that is how they compete with each other.
I'll worry about that when 2012 comes along.,And by then I'll have FIOS! And I don't switch I have both side by side right now. But Not for LONG! BYE BYE E*.

(Sigh) So we've come back to this. We've been told what E* hopes to do. What we end up getting may be something different. Can't be helped. You have to wait it out or switch. Maybe get in with Charlie's country club and elbow up at the bar. Prolly get more info that way anyhow.

This will put the Scranton/ Wilkes Barre locals on hold untill damn near 2010.

I'm waiting til I see whether D* or E* get all the locals. At the moment I watch the HD locals on basic cable. What D* has now isn't sufficient reason to change. (Plus they don't have Voom, and their software is kind of ugly.)

(Sigh) So we've come back to this. We've been told what E* hopes to do. What we end up getting may be something different. Can't be helped.

No, we haven't been told what E* hoped to do, even without a launch failure. Did you watch Monday's chat? They gave a list of channels without giving any order or dates, and then even said that they might not add all the channels that were on the list! And so far even that vague information has only been disseminated via a single source, which required knowledge and action on the part of the customer to view.

In contrast, Comcast, who usually do all sorts of things I'm not happy about, recently did a multi-stage rearrangement and addition of channels. And guess what? They sent everyone a notice of exactly what was moving and what was being added, and when. (Note that they are only legally required to do this in the case of deletions.) And the employees were informed of what was going on even in advance of that.

Also, I used to be able to get helpful, accurate, in-depth technical information from my DSL provider, prior to them outsourcing their help desk to India. (I can still get it unofficially via some techs who post to another forum, or on the rare occasion I need to have a tech on site. That's also more than you can say about Dish.)

So I've just demonstrated that not all companies are as obtuse as Dish in all instances, so I do think I have a right to complain without being shot down as a whiner.