Official Voom News: Money back return extended to 3/31/2004

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Someone just posted at the Yahoo group that Voom has extended their money back guarantee policy till 3/31/04. If this is so, I can see a lot of people jumping to Voom (including me). It might just be wishful thinking...
bouncy.gif

P.S. I just called VOOM and it is official. Money Back guaranteed until 3/31/2004!!!! THIS IS TEMPTING...
Yep.gif

The policy is that if you order before 1/31/04, you will get the money back garanteed until 3/31/04. Thereafter is 30 days...

Here is the official statement coming from the Yahoo Group:

Okay, I checked and can confirm the following--feel free to pass it around.
"Please be advised that Voom has expanded its 30 day money back guarantee policy. Effective immediately, Customers who activate on or before January 31, 2004 will be entitled to their money back until March 31, 2004 (30 days after the free-view ends). Customers who activate on or after February 1, 2004 will be entitled to their money back for 30 days after the customer's first bill."
There it is in plain English. Wilt

Well, I coul not pass this opportunity. I Just ordered it with two receivers. I am thinking that I get December, January and March of free programming. Evaluate it and if I do not like it cancel it by 2/29/04 (I do not pay for programming) or cancel it by 3/31/04 (pay one month of programming). In the mean time I get to see what VOOM will be adding between now and 2/29/04 which I do not think E*, given their situation with superdish, will be adding any HD soon. It is only a win situation from now until 3/31/04. My installation date is Monday, November 24th between 8am and 12pm...

That's very tempting.

If they didn't have to put a dish in my yard it would be a no-brainer. The hassle of having the dish put in, cables run to the outside connection, then having to remove it all makes me not want to worry about, even if it is free for several months. Obviously, I have the opinion that I wouldn't stay with it and would end up getting the refund.

Even still, I want more HD and this is an inexpensive way to try them out.

Do you know what the 'real' costs would be? $749 to get setup ... and you get $749 refunded? No hidden charges or non-refundable 'portion'?

At any rate, let us know how the install goes and your opinion of the service when you get it!

Hmm... I'm actually considering trying it. :)

SlicerMDM said:
That's very tempting.

If they didn't have to put a dish in my yard it would be a no-brainer. The hassle of having the dish put in, cables run to the outside connection, then having to remove it all makes me not want to worry about, even if it is free for several months. Obviously, I have the opinion that I wouldn't stay with it and would end up getting the refund.

Even still, I want more HD and this is an inexpensive way to try them out.

Do you know what the 'real' costs would be? $749 to get setup ... and you get $749 refunded? No hidden charges or non-refundable 'portion'?

At any rate, let us know how the install goes and your opinion of the service when you get it!

Hmm... I'm actually considering trying it. :)

As far as I know there is no hidden charges...You will get 100% refund no questions ask. I will post a lot of reviews from installation to picture quality and redundancy of programming. I will post here first so stay tuned it will be an interested three months with Voom. As I said this is too good to let it pass and don't try it and it is the only way I am doing it.

Boco52 said:
has anybody got this in their home yet?
Yes...There's a population of Voomers already...In a nutshell, great pics but lots of problems.

VOOM Receiver Problems as of 11/14/03

• Periodic Lockups
  • DD5.1 sound drops on some channels
  • Pixelation and signal drops (There will be a software update on 11/17/03 to resolve this problem)
  • Channel Mapping problems with OTA
  • Sub-channel mapping not available
  • No Scan feature for OTA mapping
  • Receiver Turns on by itself. There are speculation that this might a standby mode or a screen saver but it has not been cleared what it is.

I can't imagine anyone would drop FREE programming. If someone has
gone thru the hassle of an install, they'd at least ride it out until 3/1/04.

Well, it's not really "Free" the guy had $750 tied up in a product he thought was subpar. So I would think the smart thing to do was put that money to good use elsewhere and not let VOOM profit from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)