Offset angle of a Primestar E-75

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thebaggins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Southeastern PA
Does any one know what the angle is suppose to be? Snow storms this weekend caused a tree limb to shear LNB support arm right at mounting point to the dish itself. :rant: Nothing but shredded fiberglass left of the mounting point. I want to fabricate a new mount for the arm but need the correct angle. Thanks

I have one here, on the ground, not installed. I am not sure where to measure from or what angle you are asking for.
Maybe a picture of your damaged dish would help?

Last edited:
LNB arm angle of a Primestar 75e

...Nothing but shredded fiberglass left of the mounting point.
I want to fabricate a new mount for the arm but need the correct angle. Thanks
This is a fixed-dish install? Not motorized?
Did the elevation markings read correctly?

If so, you should be able to hand-hold the LNB in place to locate satellite.
Just dial in the proper elevation on the mount (assuming it also got knocked down), and you're good to go.

You could probably make three replacement support arms to hold the LNB.
I've used ½" conduit on bigger dishes, but it's really way too large for a Ku LNB.
Hunt around for some smaller aluminum tubing at the hardware store, or from a discarded TV antenna.

I think the area in the lower left of my pic is the area of concern.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 178
MJAC, that's the area that has been torn off from rest of dish, other than that the rest of the dish has no other damage. I was thinking of rigging a plate and bracket to reattach the arm and anchoring the new assembly to the bolts that marry the dish to the pole mount. But I can't judge if I have the bracket at the correct angle. If you could place an inclinometer on the LNB arm when the dish is plumb and let me know what that angle is it would be a great help. When I hold the pieces together I get about 22* is that correct? :confused:Thanks for the help.

You might do something like this

This is a picture of my motorized dish. Although this is not an E-75 it is one step down in size.

Could you use some good 3/4" plywood to make a replacement mount?

See PIX.

Attachments

• chapelrun-MOTOR2.JPG
    chapelrun-MOTOR2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 170
MJAC, that's the area that has been torn off from rest of dish, other than that the rest of the dish has no other damage. I was thinking of rigging a plate and bracket to reattach the arm and anchoring the new assembly to the bolts that marry the dish to the pole mount. But I can't judge if I have the bracket at the correct angle. If you could place an inclinometer on the LNB arm when the dish is plumb and let me know what that angle is it would be a great help. When I hold the pieces together I get about 22* is that correct? :confused:Thanks for the help.

The proper offset angle of this style Primestar dish should be 22.5' degrees

MJAC,. If you could place an inclinometer on the LNB arm when the dish is plumb and let me know what that angle is it would be a great help. When I hold the pieces together I get about 22* is that correct? :confused:Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the delay in posting, its been pouring down rain here most of the day. As best I can tell (measure) you should be looking for 22.5 degrees. I was able to get out to my 84e P* between storms and that too was at 22.5. Another poster also said 22.5.
Hope that helps

Measured my Starband 75E-1

All measurements are for inner-most edges

25" Top of dish to top point of feed horn
23" 1/8 Center of side to Center of feedhorn curve
16" Bottom of dish to lower point of feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.