Oh the Joys of Ordering Dish Network

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Warning, novel below.

Okay,

So my sister calls me and wants to know about dish, her cable keeps going out for no reason and they just cannot seem to get it fixed, my being the nice brother I am tell her all about it, and the fact that other than for a few minutes when all hell is breaking loose weather wise, i never lose signal. So she agrees to have me call and get her all hooked, well being that the internet is so much nicer, I decide to go to the Dish website and order, I figured I could type everything in a lot faster than tell some Indian (dot, not feather) what I wanted.

The fun part comes when it says it cannot process the order and to call customer service, so I call, I talk for half an hour and she tells me there is something wrong and there is a duplicate address problem she will try to fix it (my sister built a house on a lot that had been empty since the dawn of time next to my parents home so there has never been dish service there) The lady comes back on and says, I'm sorry but I just lost all the information that you gave me and I need you to call back in half an hour and then we can process your order.

I wait 2.5 hours and decide to try again. Get an American man on the phone, I figure yes, this should be easy. (right) get going on the order, for some reason the system wants to give a single DVR and single Non DVR receiver, that is not going to work, so he takes 5-10 minutes and gets that straightened out. Then it is on to the next problem, the credit card that was approved 2.5 hours earlier get denied (probably because it has been run by dish 3 times by now) so we break out another card, solved that.

The next problem. the Club Dish number that I got for her is not valid now. and you cannot get another certificate number through the website til the next day. so much for that. so this makes the 49.99 install fee not go away like it is supposed to. he overrides that fee, but I am out the Club Dish savings on my account. (figures).

And now the last problem, the address issue again, takes about 15 minutes more to get resolved.

So after two attempts on the internet and 2 phone calls. my sister is getting Dish on Monday morning. I get no Club Dish credits and I feel like I wasted half my day on something that should have taken 15 minutes.

first phone call was 30-35 minutes, second one 1 hr 20 minutes from start to finish.

You should have just called DishStore. Not only would you not have had this issue but you would have saved more money PLUS been able to use the ClubDish card.

I hate to sound like a broken record but there is no better deal on Dish Network ANYWHERE but through Dishstore (tell them your a SatelliteGuys member) :)

I knew you were going to say that, I almost put that at the end of my post.

I now know better, and when mom and dad switch, they are having the same problem with the cable company, I will call DishStore

It's not too late to use a ClubDISH card. Just get a new code and have your sister call back to add the code to her order. I currently have 20 total referrals, probably 15 of those were people I gave a code to AFTER signing up. As long as the code is entered before the installation, you'll get the credits.

:) Dish Store rules! I called them yesterday, and everything went well. Don't forget to mention SatelliteGuys.us website for their special discount.

How is the Dish Store on upgrade offers?

My brother-in-law is thinking about upgrading to some MPEG-4 product.

ALWAYS call the dishstore or use a local retailor. If you use local retailor dont just call. Got to the office. I like to look my customers in the eye when telling them prices. That way we are on the same page. NO confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)