Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Musberger has always hated Ohio State, just listen to him root while broadcasting.

Jimbo

Muffberger isn't particularly fond of LSU either - or any team other than his "Mighty Trojans of USC!" (he can't say "John David Booty" without squealing his name :luvlove:).

He's probably the most annoying sportscaster I can think of, always trying to make something dramatic when it isn't. I hate him! Well...not hate, but really loathe. (It's been a stressful season for me).

I love Keith! Heard him say one time "he's at the 40, 35, 30, tackled at the 25. We'll call it the 40." Also loved his famous "fumble" call also. Seriously, one of the best, regardless of which sport he was covering.

Back on topic...

Down 10-7 after 3 quarter, at home, to a 4-7 Pittsburgh team, you can better your bottom dollar West Virginia is going to drop a couple places in the BCS Poll...even if they do manage to win the game in the 4th quarter. They do not look like a championship caliber team this evening. and the AP and Coaches polls will certainly take this into consideration when casting their votes.

Of course, with Missouri and Oklahoma tied at the half, 14-14, the worst possible scenario is for Ohio State is to wind up playing Georgia in the title game where the Nuts are dismal 3-10-1 against the SEC.

Down 10-7 after 3 quarter, at home, to a 4-7 Pittsburgh team, you can better your bottom dollar West Virginia is going to drop a couple places in the BCS Poll...even if they do manage to win the game in the 4th quarter. They do not look like a championship caliber team this evening. and the AP and Coaches polls will certainly take this into consideration when casting their votes.

Of course, with Missouri and Oklahoma tied at the half, 14-14, the worst possible scenario is for Ohio State is to wind up playing Georgia in the title game where the Nuts are dismal 3-10-1 against the SEC.

They should NOT drop...this is a conference game and a HUGE rivalry game that has a rich tradition. INFACT, I heard quite a few "experts" that thought PITT WOULD give West Virginia a scare. No different than when Oklahoma lost to Colorado that was only 2-2 or when Stanford beat USC.

Why do officials have to continue to determine outcome of games ?????

TWICE on big plays they call, holding and on NEITHER after looking at it again was a real holding call.

They are doing everything they can to get WV to the NC game.

I really feel bad for Pitt., they had a TD , then missed FG taken off the board, then a crucial first down with less than 4 minutes to go.

Lets hope Pitt holds on to win this game, they deserve it, they have played great D as well.

Jimbo

Now, now. Be careful with what you say about us sports officials.

Having said that, I think the excessive celebration call at a point like that in such a game was ridiculous.

They are like Umpires, they should not be "The Game", if you don't know they were there then they are doing thier job.

Jimbo

So # 2 goes down and # 1 is losing by 14 late in the 3rd.
IF Oklahoma wins, what NOW happens in this wacky football season ...

How far will the drop and whose playing in the NC game ?

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)