Ohio State vs Michigan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope they do lose and then Florida wins the SEC Championship game. Then maybe they let Florida play Ohio State.

IF Florida does win the SEC Championship, they SHOULD be playing for BCS Championship.....no other conference had more team rated in the top 25 than they did and Florida pratically beat them all.

He has had no success to bread contempt......
He's in PITT he just doesn't like our Buckeyes or the Trojans, so he wants to hate any team playing, seeing he has no official rooting interest

Jimbo
Go Bucks !!

no actually i hate Ohio state because there in Ohio plus also liking Penn state, plus cleveland, Pittsburgh rivalry and cincinnati crying over the playoffs last year.

and I'm tired of usc being in the championship game. I agree with salsa Florida should be in it if they win. I'll route for them.

Plus wait Pitt basketball will be great this year, they should be #1 now, but they got screwed and will eventually be #1.

IF Florida does win the SEC Championship, they SHOULD be playing for BCS Championship.....no other conference had more team rated in the top 25 than they did and Florida pratically beat them all.

Does the SEC have 3 teams in the top 7 ? (Big Ten)
Unfortunatly only two will be allowed to go to a BCS bowl.

JImbo

JImbo

What will win get you more points with the BCS.....2 victories against Top Ten teams from a possibly overrated conferences or 5 or 6 wins over top 25 teams from a very good or possibly BEST conference in the country? Look, Ohio State is and SHOULD be the #1 in the land....period. It is NOT easy going undefeated, let alone going undefeated in conference...a good conference...NOT a great conference. Everyone was kissing USC a$$ last year and NO ONE thought Texas had a chance....well, though the game was close at the end...at NO POINT did I think Texas was going to lose....there was quite a few 'team of the decades' in the Big 12(Texas a couple of times, as well as Oklahoma)....so don't shine that spot in the mantle for Ohio State's championship just yet....let's wait till the game is played before we go crowning a champion.

What will win get you more points with the BCS.....2 victories against Top Ten teams from a possibly overrated conferences or 5 or 6 wins over top 25 teams from a very good or possibly BEST conference in the country? Look, Ohio State is and SHOULD be the #1 in the land....period. It is NOT easy going undefeated, let alone going undefeated in conference...a good conference...NOT a great conference. Everyone was kissing USC a$$ last year and NO ONE thought Texas had a chance....well, though the game was close at the end...at NO POINT did I think Texas was going to lose....there was quite a few 'team of the decades' in the Big 12(Texas a couple of times, as well as Oklahoma)....so don't shine that spot in the mantle for Ohio State's championship just yet....let's wait till the game is played before we go crowning a champion.
Oh , you won't find me doing that.
I believe that if it is USC or Michigan (unlikely at this point),
I fully expect a great game that could go either way.
I'll also be watching Fred Davis TE for USC, he's from my hometown Toledo Rogers, Ohio.

It should be interesting !!!

Jimbo

errr, why is helmet on helmet hit a penalty in OSU-UM game but not against Univ of Spoiled Children vs UCLA?

So this leaves Flordia .....
Ohio State already took care on Michigan.

Should be interesting, the bowl games are to be announced tommorow, when does the National Championship game get announced ?

Jimbo

So this leaves Flordia .....
Ohio State already took care on Michigan.

Should be interesting, the bowl games are to be announced tommorow, when does the National Championship game get announced ?

Jimbo
BCS rankings come out tomorrow afternoon. 1 will play 2 in Tempe.

JImbo

Who has Wisconsin beat, nobody.

The only good team they played was Michigan and lost, they didn't play Ohio st.

Big East teams had a tougher schedule than Wisconsin.

Florida should play Ohio st. not Michigan, Michigan had there chance and lost.

Who has Wisconsin beat, nobody.

The only good team they played was Michigan and lost, they didn't play Ohio st.

Big East teams had a tougher schedule than Wisconsin.

Florida should play Ohio st. not Michigan, Michigan had there chance and lost.

Exactly, Ohio State vs Florida.....Period....

No, not period. Michigan lost by 3 points in Ohio, on a field that was a disgrace even to high school teams. Florida backed their way into consideration in a game yesterday that was a comedy of errors. Tonight in the final polls, the Big ten will hold 3 of the top 4 spots. All said no matter what happens tonight, somebody is not going to be happy. This will make me happy because this will be more fodder for the playoff cannon. The BCS is a joke, and has to go.

No, not period. Michigan lost by 3 points in Ohio, on a field that was a disgrace even to high school teams. Florida backed their way into consideration in a game yesterday that was a comedy of errors. Tonight in the final polls, the Big ten will hold 3 of the top 4 spots. All said no matter what happens tonight, somebody is not going to be happy. This will make me happy because this will be more fodder for the playoff cannon. The BCS is a joke, and has to go.

Paul,
It seems to me that BOTH teams played on that field at the same time...

I'm not saying the field was great, because it wasn't, but DON"T use it as an excuse for m losing the game.
Last I heard, you play football in ALL weather conditions, not just the sunshine from Fla and Calif.

Our center dropped the ball on us twice inside the 30 yardline resulting in 10 points for m , so your arguement that Fla played sloppy, so they should not go, doesn't hold water, matter of fact, had OSU not fumbled the snap (shotgun) the game would not have been as close as it was and m would probably NOT be as high as they are.

I am tiered of all the advantages all the southern teams get playing in the bowl games. Normally USC gets a home game and Miami does too.
Lets bring these finesse warm weather teams up north where you have to deal with the elements and see how many undefeated or 1 loss teams you then end up with.

Lets play at the Big House, I don't care, or how about Lambeau field.

Another advantage the southern teams get is , they only have 2 weeks off from playing their regular games and the next bowl game.
How many BYE weeks do they need to schedule ?
Lets all start the season on the SAME weekend and END it on the SAME weekend.

Jimbo
Jimbo

Jimbo, I'm not using You're field? as an excuse, you guys won. I'm really wondering if you guys have heard of this new stuff most stadiums are using called field turf? Last I checked, holding on to the football is part of the game. If you want to play the "what if game" you'll have to find somebody else. We gave you a great game and a rematch could very easily have gone the other way. Take you're win and be glad you don't have to try to beat us again this season. I'd wish you good luck against Florida, but you guys don't need it. This game is going to be a real snooze fest. The game will be over at halftime.

You're also right about Southern teams, it would be interesting to see them come North to play in the cold. Never quite understood why the Vikings and the Lions gave up such great home field advantages.

But like I have stated before...and EVERYONE KNOWS this....if you loose late in the season....you might as well kiss your season good bye...ESPECIALLY if it is the last game of the season. Michigan was lucky it only fell ONE PLACE on the polls, normally when you lose you fall AT LEAST 2 places if not more depending on the opponent. And about Wisconsin being the top 5...goes to show you just how overrated the Big 10 was....they beat NO ONE of any significance....and neither did Michigan....at least Ohio State beat Michigan AND Texas.

Paul,
It seems to me that BOTH teams played on that field at the same time...

I'm not saying the field was great, because it wasn't, but DON"T use it as an excuse for m losing the game.
Last I heard, you play football in ALL weather conditions, not just the sunshine from Fla and Calif.

Our center dropped the ball on us twice inside the 30 yardline resulting in 10 points for m , so your arguement that Fla played sloppy, so they should not go, doesn't hold water, matter of fact, had OSU not fumbled the snap (shotgun) the game would not have been as close as it was and m would probably NOT be as high as they are.

I am tiered of all the advantages all the southern teams get playing in the bowl games. Normally USC gets a home game and Miami does too.
Lets bring these finesse warm weather teams up north where you have to deal with the elements and see how many undefeated or 1 loss teams you then end up with.

Lets play at the Big House, I don't care, or how about Lambeau field.

Another advantage the southern teams get is , they only have 2 weeks off from playing their regular games and the next bowl game.
How many BYE weeks do they need to schedule ?
Lets all start the season on the SAME weekend and END it on the SAME weekend.

Jimbo
Jimbo

Excuse me...but you just scolded Paul not to use fields as an excuse but yet you are complaining that southern teams get an advantage??!!:rolleyes:
When Miami played in the Big East, they had to got Boston College and Virginia Tech many a times in late November.....and last I remember....the last time Miami played Michigan...Miami erased a 30-14 deficit and beat them IN MICHIGAN. So you cannot blame southern teams for LIVING IN THE SOUTH....that is about as lame an excuse as you can dish out.....ALSO remember....ALL the MAJOR bowls are in warm climate areas....you have the same 'advantages' as the warm climate teams.....your playing in the same weather when bowl games come around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts