Ok, Now What?

philssatellite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2005
Ball Ground, Ga
Well I got the news from voom yesterday that I am a voom dealer now. My question is now I don't know whether to try to sell some or hold off to see what happens.at 1 time I really wanted voom but now I just don't know. I am a dish retailer now and if they get voom I just did not want to seel some voom now and have somekind of chargeback from voom.anyone have any input on my situation?

Move them. We have been a dealer a while now. You can only sell something you belive in. So I say get out there and get people vooming

There's a dealer in my town that's in the same predicament. He told me yesterday that he's kind of waiting to see what happens before he tries to push Voom, even though he's approved to sell it.

It's kind of a catch-22 with people being unsure of what's going to happen, and at the same time Voom needing new subscribers.

I talked to the O'rourke rep today and they don't know what is going on. I asked him about the echo deal and said he thought that was dead. I don't think so!! I may acually wait a few more days.what is the average turn around time as far as getting paid?

One of the main problems our company is facing with VOOM is getting paid on our sales and installations. It took us threatening to get rid of them to get a check......4 MONTHS LATER !!!

Just keep an eye on that. And BTW....O'Rourke is our distributor as well.

So, what happens to the STB now that Voom has announced discontinuing services? Are they any good for just OTA digital?

Dear philssatellite,

Welcome to the wonderful world of VOOM dealership. We value our dealers and installers so much that as of April 8th we are giving you a special long term vacation. That's right! As of now we have enacted manditory time off for all of our hard working installers and dealers.

There is no set length for this vacation, you are free to be as flexible as you wish with your time, and we suggest making very longterm plans during your vacation. The best part is there is no need to contact us we will let you know when the vacation break is over.

So take a break and enjoy yourself,

The VOOM Team
James Dolan, President & Chief Spit Wad

bryan27 said:
Dear philssatellite,

Welcome to the wonderful world of VOOM dealership. We value our dealers and installers so much that as of April 8th we are giving you a special long term vacation. That's right! As of now we have enacted manditory time off for all of our hard working installers and dealers.

There is no set length for this vacation, you are free to be as flexible as you wish with your time, and we suggest making very longterm plans during your vacation. The best part is there is no need to contact us we will let you know when the vacation break is over.

So take a break and enjoy yourself,

The VOOM Team
James Dolan, President & Chief Spit Wad

OMG I just spewed coffee out my nose laughing at that. THX :yes

good one! I will just keep on selling dish. maybe they will end up with some more HD Content when it is all said and done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts