GEOSATpro Ok, this has finally pissed me off!

Ok, went to bed at 5:30am this morning, and the MicroHD was parked on MEtv 1, and the IR sensor was covered with black electrical tape, and it was left turned on as normal, NO standby is set.

Just got out to the living room at 2:30pm after waking up, and getting ready for my day (night).

Flipped the HDMI switch over to the MicroHD, and it was tuned to MEtv 2! "The Lucy Show"...

So, it switched by itself sometime between 5:30am and 2:30pm. I do have a weekly Sunday timer set to MEtv 1 from 6:30am - 8am to catch the "Laurel and Hardy" show. But that's the only timer set between 6am-2:30pm. I'm betting it switched to Metv 2 after the timer event ended at 8am, instead of coming back (staying on) to MEtv 1.

The microHD reboots to the last tuned channel. Since the op has the microHD set to manual time for correct timers, the time would be incorrect if the power source was interrupted.

It's on a UPS with the rest of my equipment, so no power interruptions. It's changed to MEtv 2 before while I was here, and I know for sure there were no power outages. But it was a good suggestion to throw out there.

Anyway, I have now deleted MEtv 2, and we will see what happens next.

It's on a UPS with the rest of my equipment, so no power interruptions. It's changed to MEtv 2 before while I was here, and I know for sure there were no power outages. But it was a good suggestion to throw out there.

Anyway, I have now deleted MEtv 2, and we will see what happens next.

I have not had it switch channels, or go back to the wrong channel since I deleted MEtv 2 completely 3 days ago.

I have not had it switch channels, or go back to the wrong channel since I deleted MEtv 2 completely 3 days ago.

Now try deleting METV1 and perform a TP Search to scan both channels again. Let's see if the problem is repeated on the rescanned METV1 and METV2 channels.

I will try to review the transponder tables this week and see if they are correctly built.

Now try deleting METV1 and perform a TP Search to scan both channels again. Let's see if the problem is repeated on the rescanned METV1 and METV2 channels.

I will try to review the transponder tables this week and see if they are correctly built.

Ok, MEtv 1 deleted. I then did the transponder scan, and got back both 1 & 2. Let's see what happens next.

Just some mud to throw at the wall to see if it sticks:
A>> Does the microHD have anything that might respond to VHF/UHF RF in the channel change circuits (remotes)?
B>> or to the Network tones that are to switch the affiliates off the METV1 to METV2? (AKA: cue tones / Cue signals.)

TBN has used "cue tones" to switch educational affiliates off line for "commercials" that were not allowed on the educational stations. Those tones were embedded in the intros to some of those programs. (I can not give any current information ... been away from there for about 20 years.)

Last edited:
Ok, MEtv 1 deleted. I then did the transponder scan, and got back both 1 & 2. Let's see what happens next.

Just flipped over to the MicroHD, and it's tuned to MEtv 2.... It was tuned to MEtv 1 earlier, and there was a timer set at 4pm for 1 hour for MEtv 1, and that recorded.

It must have come out of the timer recording at 5pm and went to MEtv 2 instead of 1.

Looked at the mux table and it is correctly built.

Set a test bench unit on METV1 tonight with no timers and will have staff report on the status tomorrow. Run a test over the weekend and report on Monday.

Finishing a LONG 18 hour day with a 25 minute drive ahead.... Walking Zombie!!! :happydance:

Looked at the mux table and it is correctly built.

Set a test bench unit on METV1 tonight with no timers and will have staff report on the status tomorrow. Run a test over the weekend and report on Monday.

Test has been running five days with no switch over from METV1 to METV2. Will now set a daily timer for METV1 and see if the channel switches to METV2.

Test has been running five days with no switch over from METV1 to METV2. Will now set a daily timer for METV1 and see if the channel switches to METV2.

Set a daily timer for 4pm, 1 hour for "Wild, Wild, West".

Mine just finished recording a little bit ago, and returned to MEtv 2. I don't see that the program makes a difference, because it's also done it at 5:00am for "The Honeymooners", but who knows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)