Old equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
i have been out of this hobby for awhile and was wondering what to do with old equipment ?
I have a DSR-920 and a Toshiba TRX1520.
Is anyone still using these ?

About all those things are good for is possibly as a dish mover. There is little to no programming that can be received with them anymore.

Not really worth any money either as the shipping is more than they are worth.

i have been out of this hobby for awhile and was wondering what to do with old equipment ?
I have a DSR-920 and a Toshiba TRX1520.
Is anyone still using these ?

If you're a "Techie" type person I've read that the DSR920s are still in LIMITED use, BUT, it does involve "jumping through hoops" to do that. Many of those have been "remapped" with current satellite locations and such using the "Mapmaster" program to do that. Not sure you want to go down that road though. Search for >Mapmaster< online and then read up on what's involved.

FYI, I've got a GI920 that's taking up space on my shelf that I did NOT do anything with because it seemed like it was too much trouble for what was available at the time.

And a final note, you could put them on Ebay to see if someone else might want them more than you.

Just saying....................

Thanks for the info. I might just take to the local electronic recycle facility or Goodwill. I really don't want to jump through hoops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts