Old software version please

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still messed up so did 02468 and it pushed down 059e again which works perfectly. Going to enjoy it while it lasts.

You might find some disagreement here and there about that.

Since the first HDGUI 'upgrade', my remote response is the pits. And I've been complaining about the speed of operation. if D* could get their own remotes to work properly with my 3 HR24-500s, I'd be a happy camper.
been with dtv since 1997 this HDGUI 'upgrade', is the worst thing ever.
for years the only time dtv was on my mind was paying the bill.
now every ___ day i hate on dtv over this. yuk

do you use ebay ?
they did a upgrade for Me (that's right)
about 2 months ago deleted 6 items from my watch list and they all got deleted. BIG tears
told them about it. the person i spoke to had never heard of this.
suggested a confirm like spam email does on yahoo.
and they did it.

I guess that since I came down pretty hard on D* with the sluggishness and remote response issues, it is only fair to also give credit when it is due.

The current HR24-500 NR is 0x5CB and it is working very well. Not quite as good as 0x5C8 was, but many others were having issues with that one. My overall speed of operation is very acceptable as is remote response. It does miss a keystroke now and then, but not enough to really irritate me.

The pessimist in me, after watching and/or using D* HRs tells me that D* will keep the software guys working until they slow it down again though. Probably by adding some little needed new whatcamacallit. Like TVapps, Pandora, YouTube and media sharing, all of which have little value. TVApps is flakey and has been for quite some time, but since I almost never use them and wouldn't miss them if they totally disappeared, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. And media share (AKA DNLA) hasn't ever worked real reliably.

If they just leave it alone at this level, I'll be happy.

Some say (there is a thread on here) that if you tune to channel 1 (and only channel 1) and wait a few seconds then hit the colored buttons above the volume and channel/page up/down buttons in this order: RR BB Y G, it will improve your GUI speed. It seems to have worked for me.

Actually, when you tune to channel 1, wait at least 30 seconds, then do the button pushes.

Once again this morning Directv pushed down its defective software to my DVR. I always know when they do it because the picture becomes garbled. Luckily 0x59e is still in the stream and I could again 02468 to get back to the version that works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.