Old Swedish dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dansky According to the manual, dish, as you say, works at equivalent of 1m dish within 26*. If you go behind the 26* limits, of course, reception will decrease. Ku signals in Europe are very strong, so I do not see big problem to go some 10* west and 10* east. Setup 45*E-4*W worked for me pretty well.
Could you show some pictures of your dish? Interesting to see..... there are not so many such a dishes around.

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the dish. The forum wouldn't let me link them so I had to upload.

Attachments

• DSC05421.JPG
    DSC05421.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 402
  • DSC05424.JPG
    DSC05424.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
  • DSC05427.JPG
    DSC05427.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 206
Hi everyone, I am back!

Signal strengths on the dish pictured above have started to fade and now are pretty much useless. If I pour water on it, signal strength jumps by about 20%, so I'd guess something has happened to the reflective layer.

RimaNTSS, if you are still around, I remember reading in another thread that you used school rubber to clean your dish. Was that simply to remove dirt/dust, or did it actually improve your signal strength? Thanks!

Hi! School rubber was just for cosmetics.
I still have one of those dishes installed and, in fact, this is my main dish for banal watching of tv channels. I have installed 8 quad lnbs on it. I do not feel that reception is changed. Pretty heppy about performance.

Ok, thanks! That's bad news for me I guess.

Do you think there could be anything to this:

Guy shows spraying a worn-out dish with an alu-zinc spray paint, and claims signal strength jumped from 43 to 81%. I guess I could might as well try it?

I would not go for such a radical measures as re-painting the dish! From pictures you showed a year ago I see that surface of the dish is in good shape. TBH, I do not believe that something could happen to the reflective layer, cuz it is not surfaced at all. You better check maybe something is wrong with LNBs, connectors, Diseqss or all the wires. Try to retune antenna from "0". This dish is very robust and it will work for you long time, certainly longer than any other nowadays made of tin antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)