older dish mover

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stinkygopher1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
Saint John NB CA
I have a question I know has been asked many time before.Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer it for me.Question: Can I use the old dish mover to turn the dish and if so what can I use to power it?It works good and goes in and out all the way and stops when it gets to the end.Hate to turf it if it is still usable.It's on a 10 ft dish.These are two different movers.First one come on the dish.

Attachments

• DSC01630.JPG
    DSC01630.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC01628.JPG
    DSC01628.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC01627.JPG
    DSC01627.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Depends on the position sensor type. Reed Sensor= good to go / Optical or Hall effect= can be adapted/ Potentiometer = major engineering project :(

I think the one in the 3rd pic looks like a JGS with reed sensor. The other one looks like it has a potentiometer (with the grey and green wires)

If it runs, you can find a way to move it... I know guys who have used model train power supplies to move dishes. I use an old 80s mover without the sensor wired in. I just move it by pushing the button east or west. You need a 36 V power supply to move to as quick as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)