OMG David Letterman..

I wonder what CBS thinks about this? Since Dave's company owns Late Night he's the 'boss' of everyone, don't think corporations like the boss sleeping with the staff. I think Dave is even a bit worried since he mentioned worried about his job in his speech last night.

Given that he isa major profit center for CBS, the fact that no one seems to be being groomed for the slot (even Craig Ferguson thinks he will never get it), and the fact that they NEVEr made any money in that slot before, I think that Letterman will survive.

Just my opinion though.

Not sure if he meant for it to look like a skit last night or not. Bad choice to talk about it like he did. Should have said nothing at all.

His wife was one of the employees, they lived with each other for at least 15 years, before marrying her last year.
The girl he use to call on the show,that worked in his office, I think her name was Stephanie, was another rumored one.
I don't think it's very professional, but it's acceptable in that business, Les Moonves had a relationship, before they were married, with Julie Chen and he's the CEO of CBS.

Hes and adult and the ladies he was with were adults. They made their decision to do what they did.

The term "Casting Couch" was around long before Letterman and I am sure it wont be the last time a star has sex with his employees.

His wife was one of the employees, they lived with each other for at least 15 years, before marrying her last year.
The girl he use to call on the show,that worked in his office, I think her name was Stephanie, was another rumored one.
I don't think it's very professional, but it's acceptable in that business, Les Moonves had a relationship, before they were married, with Julie Chen and he's the CEO of CBS.
That right there probably explains a lot.

You know, I think Letterman was ingenious in outing the story the way he did. He put it on his terms, and made fun of himself. It was actually funny, in a perverse way.

The term "Casting Couch" was around long before Letterman and I am sure it wont be the last time a star has sex with his employees.
Unfortunately that's true...some people will always abuse power, ignore boundaries due to selfish interests, and exibit bad behavior because nobody is watching. It's all a matter of character or lack thereof. Of course, who's the bigger scumbag...Letterman or the douch trying to extort 2 million dollars from him?

Unfortunately that's true...some people will always abuse power, ignore boundaries due to selfish interests, and exibit bad behavior because nobody is watching. It's all a matter of character or lack thereof. Of course, who's the bigger scumbag...Letterman or the douch trying to extort 2 million dollars from him?

Why is Letterman a scumbag for having sex with women? That makes you, me, and most other men scumbags also. Oh, and every person in an office relationship is a scumbag also???? Ye who judges.............

The "affairs" took place before his current relationship, which means he was single. None of the women ever complained. Only this extortionist somehow found out, and threatened him with exposure(he left a package in Dave's car), or give $2 million dollars. Dave contacted the police, his lawyers' trapped the guy, and Dave fessed up before it became gossip and mudslinging (and people calling him scumbag).

Why is Letterman a scumbag for having sex with women? That makes you, me, and most other men scumbags also. Oh, and every person in an office relationship is a scumbag also???? Ye who judges.............

Depends on the conditions. Did you have to sleep with him to get a job on his show? A raise? A promotion? Remember he owns the production company World Wide Pants, he is not just a "co worker"

Having sex with women is not a problem as long as it is consentual, sex for jobs, raises, promotions, etc. is not consider consentual.

Depends on the conditions. Did you have to sleep with him to get a job on his show? A raise? A promotion? Remember he owns the production company World Wide Pants, he is not just a "co worker"

Having sex with women is not a problem as long as it is consentual, sex for jobs, raises, promotions, etc. is not consider consentual.
Agreed! It's all in the context of the working environment, but a boss having relations with a subordinate is hardly ever the right thing to do.

He destroyed the story by outing himself completely, if only more people did this when relatively benign stuff comes up. It's just headlines to you and I, it's a personal crisis for the people involved. He could have done the politician thing and not addressed it, he did the right thing by making himself a joke.

The way he talked about it on his show was really disgusting. Having his audience laugh about it and applaud. Give me a break. Very unconfetable to watch . Letterman should know better. And it looks like an intern has come forward with information about a relationship with Letterman , Holly Hester.

Right, as he said on the show, they're free to do whatever if they feel like speaking about it. It's not like he went and raped a bunch of people. He had potentially unethical relationships with people. At the moment that's all it is. Calling it much more than that is just trolling or not understanding what happened.

The audience responded appropriately to something that I dont think they understood until towards the end was as serious as he was trying to make it.

He's not trying to get away with anything, I think it goes away pretty quickly barring anything else big that he didn't already disclose coming out.

The way he talked about it on his show was really disgusting. Having his audience laugh about it and applaud. Give me a break. Very unconfetable to watch . Letterman should know better. And it looks like an intern has come forward with information about a relationship with Letterman , Holly Hester.

Did you ACTUALLY watch it ???????????

Voice our opinions to CBS, that's your right.
After reading the article in the Daily News, Holly sure didn't sound bitter at all.

Holly Hester told TMZ.com. "I would have married him. He was hilarious."

A year-long, secret romance ensued, she said, until the funnyman called it off because of their age difference.

Stephanie Birkitt hasn't come forward yet, but having your law school paid for by Letterman sure seems generous.
I'm not a Letterman fan and don't think it's right, however it seems the people he's had relationships with aren't hurting because they know him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts