One bill, 2 dishes, 2 HD receivers, different locations?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elpasoman

Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Is this possible? I want to take one receiver to somebody's house, or on the road (of course with the dish) to watch programming. Will I have to just get a dish another way, not from Directv? Or will they sell me one? I know that I can get another HD receiver from them.

Basically I want to take my service away from my home, and keep the service I have in tact at home. I'll have a seperate receiver and dish.

Any of you been successful in doing this?

Thank you ahead of time. :)

Is this possible? I want to take one receiver to somebody's house, or on the road (of course with the dish) to watch programming. Will I have to just get a dish another way, not from Directv? Or will they sell me one? I know that I can get another HD receiver from them.

Basically I want to take my service away from my home, and keep the service I have in tact at home. I'll have a seperate receiver and dish.

Any of you been successful in doing this?

Thank you ahead of time. :)

Yes,
It is possible to do.
Many take a rec and dish with them when camping.

If you have a rec that you have already on your account, like a spare bedroom or something like that, something that is easy to get to , take a separate dish and set it up where ever you are going.

Remember, you will not get your locals, but you will get the rest of your programming as long as you use comparable dish and rec. as to what your using at home. (If your only going a short ways you may get your locals if you keep with in your local spotbeam.)

Jimbo

What you want to do is in violation of your terms of usage. After you have setup your first AU9 you will probably decide it isn't worth looking for HDTV.

It will work, but violates the term of service.

I use mine for camping on occasion using a single lnb dish for SD only.

If you are thinking of using it at two different homes other than a weekend here/there or so than you may want to consider a second account.

Remember, you will not get your locals, but you will get the rest of your programming as long as you use comparable dish and rec. as to what your using at home. (If your only going a short ways you may get your locals if you keep with in your local spotbeam.)

Jimbo

I did service for a trucker who claimed to get locals up and down east coast.

(If your only going a short ways you may get your locals if you keep with in your local spotbeam.)

As long as you are still in the spotbeam!

And/or if you have access to DNS; some people still think those networks are their "locals".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts