One day without Sirius can make a man mad!!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I've had my Sirius for about a month now and always have it on in the truck...never have the regular radio on.

Well, I had my truck in the shop so I took it out. Picked it up yesterday and went to work....forgot to bring the tuner with.

So I had to suck it up and listen to .....FM radio :(

After driving 45 minutes to work and 45 minutes home, I finally realized something...FM radio sucks! Why didn't I get sat radio sooner? The 5 stations I flipped through were nothing but commercials...UGH!!

As soon as I got home, I put the Sirius back in and now I'm happy :)

Ice,

I had mine in the truck for 3 days and felt the same way you do so I went out and bought a home docking station. Got that baby blaring though the stereo in the house and out in the garage, this summer the whole neighborhood will get a sample of Sirius. :yes :yes :yes We had a station that was locally owned, they guy started it so he could play the kind it music he liked, he loved Frank Zappa. It was a combination the classic vinyl and the vault. Well as time went on the expense got to much for him so he sold out to some conglomerate from Miami, now the music is terrible. After that station changed formats that's when I decided to get Sirius.

dfergie said:
Before I got mine, I would often not even turn the Radio on... around here the pickings are slim for radio...

even in Minneapolis, its slim pickins
one classic rock
one hard rock
two country

Iceberg said:
one classic rock
one hard rock
two country
We have 3 quasi country...(not what you hear on cmt or gac all the time) 1 that plays some type of soft rock mixture... a couple of classic rock stations that are about 80 miles away that are receivable sometimes... public radio and on 87.7 the local abc tv affiliate audio...or...gasp a.m. which has talk:) If I'm driving...I'm Sirius...

Iceberg said:
one classic rock
one hard rock
two country

If you think that is bad you should be here in Sin City,1 hard rock, 1 soft rock, 1 country, 1 pop/hip hop plus oldies, easy listening and a couple that have no format, they just play anything. And it's just as bad over in Indianapolis. They have Bob and Tom, which is syndicated and the flagship station has them on for 5 hours every morning and then spends they rest of the day playing bit and pieces of that days program. What music they do play is decent, but Bob and Tom are not funny at all. Have you heard of them?

Diamond Jim said:
They have Bob and Tom, which is syndicated and the flagship station has them on for 5 hours every morning and then spends they rest of the day playing bit and pieces of that days program. What music they do play is decent, but Bob and Tom are not funny at all. Have you heard of them?

yep
When I lived in Duluth, KRBR 102.5 had them in the morning
Where I live now, I can faintly get KXLP 93.1 out of Mankato (55 miles away) and they are on there
never really got into it

dfergie said:
We have 3 quasi country...(not what you hear on cmt or gac all the time) 1 that plays some type of soft rock mixture... a couple of classic rock stations that are about 80 miles away that are receivable sometimes... public radio and on 87.7 the local abc tv affiliate audio...or...gasp a.m. which has talk:) If I'm driving...I'm Sirius...

Our "wall of rock" stations (3 of them) are all owned by, of all people, Disney
KQRS, KXXR, WGVX (and WGVY & WGVZ...Trimulcast)
I think 5 or 6 FM stations are owned by Crap Channel

It's amazing how much CRAP there is out there

When I go to the lake, we have 7 stations
Public Radio
Public Radio Classical
Classic Country (actually pretty good)
Country
New Country
Rock (OK..but not very good)
Soft crap

Turned the unit on and left it in the truck..the FM mod went 100' to the radio in the garage and gave us something much better to listen to :)

My main problem with the local "classic rock" station is no selection, when they say we'll be back with Eric Clapton it would be Layla, Crossroads, White Room or Badge. They didn't even know that he was in bands (Derek & the Dominoes and Cream) when he put those greats licks on vinyl. That goes for every artist, same 3 or 4 tunes over and over and over. And their ignorance of the music history. I called and requested that they play "Red House" by Jimi Hendrix and the guy told me "we don't play blues, we are a rock station." Where in the h**l do you think rock came from. They play the s**t out of Stevie Ray, but they don't play blues, go figure. I was into radio before I went into the Air Force in 70 so after I retired last year (from the Post office) I went over to the station to try and get a job. They ask me what artist I would like to play and when I told them, they sent me packin' because they had no idea what I was talking about. My opinion of "classic rock" is a lot different than the opinions of the 20 something program directors. Sirius, thank you.

Diamond Jim said:
My main problem with the local "classic rock" station is no selection, when they say we'll be back with Eric Clapton it would be Layla, Crossroads, White Room or Badge. They didn't even know that he was in bands (Derek & the Dominoes and Cream) when he put those greats licks on vinyl. That goes for every artist, same 3 or 4 tunes over and over and over. And their ignorance of the music history. I called and requested that they play "Red House" by Jimi Hendrix and the guy told me "we don't play blues, we are a rock station." Where in the h**l do you think rock came from. They play the s**t out of Stevie Ray, but they don't play blues, go figure. I was into radio before I went into the Air Force in 70 so after I retired last year (from the Post office) I went over to the station to try and get a job. They ask me what artist I would like to play and when I told them, they sent me packin' because they had no idea what I was talking about. My opinion of "classic rock" is a lot different than the opinions of the 20 something program directors. Sirius, thank you.

A-MEN!!!!

I like 93X, but they play the same fricking songs over and over. They are a hard rock station, but when I called in to request Pantera's "Walk", they refused and played something else. Its funny because both KQRS (classic rock) and 93X (hard rock) are both owned by the same company...yet Led Zepplin is on both. If I want Zepplin, I'll listen to KQ...not 93X

They try to play 80's hair bands...but the same 3 songs don't cut it either

Thanks Hair Nation :):) (and with Tawn Mastery on there it even is better....she use to be on 93x) :D

Diamond Jim said:
Ice,

Totally unrelated, but I am glad to see you went back to your old avaitar, it's nice to wake up and see your pretty face again every morning. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The UMD one was good...but after my team took a freaking nosedive after being #1, I resorted back to the ol' Berg pic :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)