One DVR for 2 TVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cocophone

Cocophone

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 12, 2004
Does Directv offer a HD DVR that has 2 tuners so I can have one HD TV and one SD TV hooked up to the one HD DVR. DishNetwork has these types of HD DVR.

iwc5893

iwc5893

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2007
The desert of WA, zip code EIEIO
Does Directv offer a HD DVR that has 2 tuners so I can have one HD TV and one SD TV hooked up to the one HD DVR. DishNetwork has these types of HD DVR.

Yes, they all do. (in a way)..but both TV's will be on the same channel since all outputs on the DirecTV DVR's are active at the same time.

Cocophone

Cocophone

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 12, 2004
That's too bad... I was thinking of switching but I like my Dish Network DVR since one DVR works for both of my TVs. Saves me money.

I want to upgrade to HD, but neither Dish or Directv have my locals in HD. I looked at Comcast and could not believe how expensive they are.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
you could get a second standard receiver free. or if you push hard enough they might give in to a sd dvr for free. just call and mention that you're and E customer considering a switch but you would need this and that.

D

dssturbed

Aug 18, 2008
Are your local OTA channels broadcast in HD? If so, consider a small HD antenna. They're not expensive and easy to install.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
That's too bad... I was thinking of switching but I like my Dish Network DVR since one DVR works for both of my TVs. Saves me money.

I want to upgrade to HD, but neither Dish or Directv have my locals in HD. I looked at Comcast and could not believe how expensive they are.

HD being your need; you DONT WANT the TV1/TV2 feature a la Dish. You need two receiver for the best PQ and use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.