Online Guides?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RCBrust

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Now that I have my HR20, I'm trying to find a good way of seeing what HD movies/shows are coming up that I'd like to record. Unless I'm missing something, the search system in the HR-20 just doesn't cut it. For example, is there any way to search just HD movies?

So, does anyone know of any online guides that list, say, HD movies on DirecTV that are coming up?

Thanks,
Randy

Now that I have my HR20, I'm trying to find a good way of seeing what HD movies/shows are coming up that I'd like to record. Unless I'm missing something, the search system in the HR-20 just doesn't cut it. For example, is there any way to search just HD movies?

So, does anyone know of any online guides that list, say, HD movies on DirecTV that are coming up?

Thanks,
Randy
Randy, this may not exactly answer your question, but there are several ways to see HD only content.
1. Press GUIDE once (by default), and select High Definition filter
2. Press MENU, SEARCH FOR SHOWS, enter the show/keyword name, then the first of two available filters offers HD
3. Do the same as above, but don't filter the results. In the results panel, any HD program will show an HD icon next to it.

I know this may not specifically answer your question, but it might be useful intel. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've gotten close by doing a keyword search, just entering "a" for the keyword, and then selecting HD and movies. Trouble is, the listing is by day/time with many repeats. It would be neat if there was an alphabetical movie listing somewhere so you could scan through it quickly to see if anything interests you.

Thanks,
Randy

Have you tried TitanTV or some other third party listing service? Maybe they might have a more selective search filter by title

I was using zap2it.com, but thanks for mentioning titantv.com I like it better. A good online tv guide

Last edited:
I have been using tvguide.com and I like the way it gives me New or Repeat in the listing itself, in addition to just hovering over the show to get the description. Unfortunately they haven't gotten up to date to show the new HD channels. I just looked at TitanTV and it looks good except it doesn't have my first 2 likes listed previously for TVGuide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts