Open Box S9 and S10 Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
Does any one know the web site to go to to download firmware upgrades for the S9 and S10 openbox receivers. There was nothing on the box that they came in and nothing in the users manual.

Thanks

S9 firmware will work on an S10, if you don't mind that the S9 graphics are uglier than the S10.

S10 firmware will load on an S9, but unfortunately won't do anything useful.

out of curiosity, with current firmwares available, is there much difference in functionality or eye candy between the S9 v. S10?

On the S10, the clock is supposed to work properly. Other than that, I think that's all there is different besides the graphics. Late versions of the S9 firmware are supposed to support more file types in the media player than the original pitiful one, they record in .ts or .mpg format rather than the odd .dvr format, the composite output works in SD if the HDMI/component outputs are in HD, and the green tint that plagued the composite output is supposed to be fixed.

I guess someone with both receivers would have to answer. :)
I have basic needs for a receiver and the s9 family works well. The Manhattan works a little better/and a little worse , depending upon what you concentrate on. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)