OpenBox Diseqc Switch Commands ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
In the diseqc 1.1 switch menu I see choices I'm not familiar with. " 1 Cascade M1: Port 1" and there are choices for M2, M3 and "2 Cascades" What do these different modes do?

Jim

Screen shots

Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I'm asking about.

6fqh5l.jpg

zkg375.jpg

You may have to experiment. Do you have a Diseqc 1.1 switch ? If so, you could put a Diseqc 1.0 switch on each port of the Diseqc 1.1 switch, and have a multiple of lnbf's attached and addressed. For example, If you had an 8 port Diseqc 1.1 switch, with all ports attached to 4 port Diseqc 1.0 switches, you'd have 32 lnbf's that you could address. If you used 22khz switches at the lnbf level, you could double that number to 64 lnbf's .
How your menu works, compared to the real world implementation is the question. If you have the hardware, check it out, to see if the menu works the way it seems to indicate.
:)

yeah its hard to know exactly what they do. But brent said it the best. If you have a uncommitted diseqc 1.1 switch you can put regular diseqc switches on them to have up to 32 LNB;'s

As far as I know, you're the only one crazy enough to USE 30+ lnbs !!! :)
Even Stogie ain't THAT crazy ! [edit] Of course, if I had a flat roof that my wife didn't have any say about, maybe I'd be that crazy , too . [/edit]

As far as I know, you're the only one crazy enough to USE 30+ lnbs !!! :)
Even Stogie ain't THAT crazy ! [edit] Of course, if I had a flat roof that my wife didn't have any say about, maybe I'd be that crazy , too . [/edit]

Unfortunately, I am that crazy, and getting worse every day.

Stogie sent me some pictures of his menus in that section, and it does go up to 16 lnbs on the one screen which tells me that it might very well work with my "system".

I'm still thinking about it. :)

Has anyone actually tried any of these receivers to see if they actually work with true diseqc 1.1?

I might be interested, but I need it to work with my 30 or so lnbs :)

It does indeed operate 1.1 switches. I hit a 1.0 switch that fans out to two 1.1 eight port switches, which would give me a total LNB of 16. Works fine. I still would like to know what the different groups of commands do so that I might utilize them correctly and to their full capability.

I'm just speculating here, but I would run it like this.

Receiver--->8 port (1.1) switch, with each port ----> to a 4 port (1.0) switch with each port ----> to a 4X4 multi-switch.

Then in the receiver menu, choose the cascading switch that has 16, and only ports 1-8, select port 1, and choose port 1, on the next switch setup which will get you 32 lnbs, and if you use the 22khz part of the multiswitch, I think it will get you 64 lnbs. :)

It does indeed operate 1.1 switches. I hit a 1.0 switch that fans out to two 1.1 eight port switches, which would give me a total LNB of 16. Works fine. I still would like to know what the different groups of commands do so that I might utilize them correctly and to their full capability.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)