Openbox reciever //sathawk thanks sadoun

Status
Please reply by conversation.

getittv

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
usa
ordered a sathawk from sadoun got my order fast thanks sadoun i just opened my order and instead of the sathwawk i got a openbox reciever i understand this open box is better then the sathawk i well test and let you all know how the box works i hope it does ac3 autio i was going to order the azbox prem plus but to much money for me it well be a latter test time to test my openbox

Good luck with it. I believe the Openbox and Sathawk to be functionally the same, they use the same firmware, but I'll be interested to hear your evaluation of it , when you get a chance.
:)

openbox

good points of the openbox fta reciever using a 12 foot big dish c/ku

good fast blind scan ac3 autio works though the red /white cable no specal gizmoz the dvb s2 channels come in lots of new channels that ive never seen before on any boxes i tested lots of radio stations ive never picked up

bad points

I cant get the cw channels to come in cant get fox news or net geo my cw 800 brings these channels in cant inter the video pod or autio pod like i can on the cw 800 some of the dvb s2 channels freeze the channels double up doesnt have a survo motor hookup but over all a good box i would get anoughter and worth the money and i am going to hook up a motor and a 33 inch wingate with a sadoun lnb with motor in a few days let you all know how that works out

Last edited:
I have also heard that the latest firmware will add the needed info for cw and gives you a way to change the background if you want.

A couple of sites, one of which isn't at all friendly to this one, have posted firmware that has the CW channels in it, but it's nothing you can't do with the editor yourself. The firmware certainly isn't coming from China with American channels in it...

As for changing the background, that's been in all the firmwares. Problem is, it expects the background image to be a .M2V file. Somewhere around here someone has posted the procedure for converting to that format.

right out of the box

Motor doesnt work it stays on amc 9 intered my long and lat and nothing hooked my cw800 up intered my long and lat and it hit every sat for the motor this openbox reciever sucks ,, this openbox remote reminds of the skyview reciever remote and you cant add sats and it takes a few secs for the openbox reciever to warm up the open box is good for c band channels

Motor doesnt work it stays on amc 9 intered my long and lat and nothing
Double check that you enter Long "west" , Lat is North by default.
After entering Location info, go to the Sat setup and check that USALS is selected.
Give the unit a Power Cycle, using the switch on the back

Can't add sats with the remote? I never had a problem with that. As long as you don't want them in order, that is -- you need to use the editor program (freely available, see other threads here) to do that.

Double check that you enter Long "west" , Lat is North by default.
After entering Location info, go to the Sat setup and check that USALS is selected.
Give the unit a Power Cycle, using the switch on the back

i did this still nothing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)