Openbox S9 And A TP On 97W??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you have a PCIe / USB tuner or a spectrum analyzer, compare the spectrum display between when channels are viewable and not. You are experiencing signal loss on channels and during times that others are not. I wold lean towards agreeing with your suspecting localized interference.

Did you ever get a dual output LNB with the Wifi filters? I'd be interested if you did. I know you have singles, but when I asked the last time, there was no dual LNB's with it.

SES 1 channels are the actual feeds,G16 channels are retrans from KRBK,two separate entities.Also the G16 channels are horizontal and the SES 1's are vertical,which can make a difference in how interference affects them.

I am at kind of a loss here. The only thing I can come up with as to why I keep losing these channels is interference from my wireless internet provider. I've checked with everyone up and down the road and most of them aren't running a hot spot or Wifi connection. Some of them didn't even know what I was talking about. I am down in a hole with mountains on all four sides, and I had to install a 45 foot tower just to get internet. They are using 2 different frequencies for wireless connection, which is 900mhz and 2.5ghz.

I suppose there could be a reflected signal hitting the dish at the proper angle to cause this. I don't know what else there could be other than the AT&T cell phone tower their antennas are on. Not sure what to do about it if that's the case.

I hadn't checked the sat feed in a long time but the recent OTA dropouts we have been having prompted me to swing the trusty beat-to-heck-but-well-tuned 10' Perfect 10 over to 99W yesterday.

Since then I have checked several times and seen a consistent 79-83%Q (3844 H 8703) using a microHD.

I am losing signal on a 12 foot Unimesh dish. I've checked it on the 12 footer, the 8 footer and a 7/2 and had no signal on either of them. Nearly all of the other channels are running 98/85% on the other channels, but I am experiencing a similar problem on THIS, the Puerto Rican channel and 2 others. THIS has been getting stronger and it stayed in well enough to watch most of the weekend, but it was running 52/40% and broke up occasionally.

The next time I see Gutter Express, I'm going to purchase enough of their aluminum flat metal to make a shield around the outside edge of the dish and see if that helps. With the dish pointed as high as it is, the interference would almost have to be entering from one side or the other. Nothing in front of the dish but sky.

It is possible.

That would be great. Is there anything that can filter out interference once it passes through the LNB? I think I know the answer. No, right. I've been thinking of installing a 24 inch aluminum shield around the circumference of the dish to block stray signals before it gets to the LNB. It has to be coming from one of two places, both of which are on the same cell tower. My wireless internet is using 900mhz & 2.5ghz, and then there are the cell phone transmissions.

Last evening, MeTV Ozarks and Movies were stronger than ever. Both running 95%/87% on the signal and quality. I even had This above its usual signal strength. It doesn't affect Galaxy 19 or SES1.

NO. Interference typically cannot be filtered once the signal is downconverted by the LNB to an IF for distribution to the receiver.

To address interference, you first must identify the source and frequency of the interference. Installing filters, moving dishes or installing shields without knowing the source and frequencies is like a game of pin the tail on the donkey or swinging at a piñata. You might get lucky....

A bandpass filter inserted in the waveguide between the feedhorn and LNB will attenuate/eliminate frequencies above and below the downlink frequencies. This is helpful if out of band signals are causing an overload of the LNB conversion or tuner.

If the interfering signal is within the downlink frequency range, the signal must be either physically blocked (shielded by terrain/structure) or specific notch filter(s) to attenuate the interfering frequency range(s). A notch filter is usually the last process to consider as it is custom manufactured, expensive and attenuates both the target and the offending signals in the notched frequency range.

...Last evening, MeTV Ozarks and Movies were stronger than ever. Both running 95%/87% on the signal and quality. I even had This above its usual signal strength...

That's interesting...I know(?) there should be no correlation but the OTA signal was 5 bars out of 5 on my 46" Toshiba's signal strength meter last night.

I didn't even check the C-band feed since OTA was working so well, should have.

Typically those OTA channels (49-1 thru 49-4), before whatever change that occurred within the last month or 2 (not just these but several OTA channel assignments and numbers changed), would run 4-to-5 bars out of 5 and never pixellate.

The last month or 2 they have been 3-to-4 bars most of the time and dropping to 2-to-3 or even less occasionally, usually in the evening.

When the signal drops below 3 bars pixellation occurs.

This area is very mountainous and covered with lots of large trees, lots of hills and hollers that have reception issues.

These links explain why these channels are available via C-band and how they distribute it OTA:

KRBK - Wikipedia

Distributed single-frequency network:

Distributed transmission system - Wikipedia

Here's a few existing somewhat similar systems they mention on that wiki page:

"In Puerto Rico, Spanish language independent WSTE 7 "Super Siete" currently operates multiple analogue transmitters on the same frequency to cover various portions of the same island; this system has shown limitations due to interference between the transmitters if all are operational simultaneously. Use of a properly synchronised digital DTS could help to reduce this interference.

In Pennsylvania, independent WTVE is licensed to serve Reading even though its primary audience is in Philadelphia. A distributed transmission system now allows it to tailor its coverage area to improve coverage in areas where its signal is currently marginal.

In Virginia public television WVPT/WVPY operate a combined total of five additional on-channel synchronised transmitters to fill areas blocked by mountains from two main VHF/UHF transmitters; a set of US$100,000 synchronised digital transmitters can replace service from the same number of conventional analogue broadcast translators and also enable overnight datacasting of instructional materials to the area's 188 schools.[23][24]

In New Mexico, Telemundo affiliate KTDO proposes DTS as a means of pairing a low-power DTV facility currently operating in its community of license (Las Cruces) with a second facility atop a mountain overlooking El Paso, Texas in order to reach a wider audience.[25]

In Missouri, FOX affiliate KRBK operates a DTS as a way to service the Springfield, Missouri market from 5 transmission points based around the Springfield DMA. This system went on air in late 2011, and is still being revised today.

In Alaska, Anchorage MyTV affiliate KYES-TV operates with limited resources and equipment, covering a large and sparsely populated area with many small broadcast translator stations. While broadcast signal synchronization is not an issue (as the overlap between signals falls entirely into unpopulated areas), the ability to re-use multiple small transmitters may allow the station to avoid the cost of building one large, expensive main transmitter for its digital signal."

Status
Please reply by conversation.