Openbox S9 HD firmware issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macrain21

Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Dallas, Tx.
Hey guys,

my company just got an Openbox S9 receiver installed, and when I went to update the firmware it lost all ability to connect to the correct TP. We can hook up another receiver and get the channel fine, so the dish is still pointed at the right bird, just the S9 doesnt find it. I've tried all 3 firmware updates on the Saloun website, and none seem to be working. We did have the TP before I updated, so the issue must be in the firmware I used.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or how to downgrade to the original software.

Thanks,

Have you checked on the menu the Dish parameters maybe the firmware upgrade changed them back to factory defaults? specially LO frecuency , any switch configuration?

Not seeing any menu for dish parameters. Under antenna setup I've matched all parameters with the Traxis reciever that is working, and still nothing.

Here's my 2 cents worth....Where did you order the receiver from? Reason I ask is I got my first one (Sathawk) from Sadoun Sales last February and it uses different firmware than the one (Openbox) that I got elsewhere a month a go. The newest receiver I didn't bother to make a copy of the firmware that came with it. My screw up.It took me a while to find something that would work in it. Even the file that was sent to me by the place I got it from didn't work. Same exact issue that you had I knew I was on the correct transponder but nothing worked. So now I have different sets of firmware in these two receivers. Long story short check with the place you got the receiver and see what firmware they send you. My newest receiver (Openbox) doesn't work with the firmware Sadoun has that much I know. If you still have no luck maybe I can figure out where I got the recent firmware I'm using and send it to you....hope this helps....Blind

We got ours from a local satellite technician, and I'm not sure where he got it from. Now I can't get a hold of SatHawk for assistance. If I could just know how to downgrade to the version that came on it, if it's possible. I didn't know to make an image of the firmware before upgrading, now I do so any future upgrades I'll backup before the install. Any help would be appreciated.

Had the same issue with a OpenBox from an Ebay store. Luckily, I had backed up the original. Greg Harris sent me a file that worked too. I'd say there are multiple hardware versions in existence.

Good God,,,exactly same thing happened to me,,but I never backed up the original,,,,any chances for someone to send me the good firmware for the Openbox,,,,,,I copied mine from Sadoun and nothing works,,,,

Tks a mil !!

Cheers,,

I dumped the file from one of my boxes after I had scanned in all of the satellites,channels and TP's. Saved it on the thumbdrive and then loaded it on all of my other boxes & now they are all the same. If you have another S9 there that is working like you want it too, dump the file and load it on the one that is giving you problems. In fact I got a new one the other day and it didn't have any of the american sats so I just loaded the file from the T-drive onto it and now it's just like the other ones.

Openbox dump file

Here's a original dump file from a box I'm helping to set up today.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• HDS2_DUMP.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
I think I have learned my lesson,,,when folks tells you " if it works fine don't mess with it",,,,,

Won't do that mistake again !

Tks you all !!!

Cheers,,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts