Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Hi guys

First of all let's discard the remote control unit. I bought a second RC and tried it but it did not work. I tried both remote controls (the original and the second one I bought) and nothing. I tried the RC at a friends box and both RC worked. So it is not the remote control device.

The fact is that the box receives and work well. You can even control the functions at the front panel buttons but that is all.
Anyone else has had the same problem? I tried replacing the Infrared transducer at the receiver but still is not working....
Please shed some light about this issue.

First time I've heard of this symptom. I suspect this is not a new purchase, and the remote stopped working after some time? I think, as a first attempt, I'd try reloading the firmware. I'd also replace the original IR receiver back into the unit to make sure it's compatible.

Maybe Pixl will chime in later with his thoughts. He has some S9's tore apart on the bench doing some testing.

chaskuchar said:
my s9/solomend stopped responding to the remote when the power supply started having problems. charlie

hi chaskuchar. did you fix the problem and i so, how?

i replace 4 electrolytic caps in the power supply. the failure of the remote occurred before the unit completely failed. the remote would stop working after i was using it a couple of hours. then i powered down and restarted. still didn't work. powered down with the switch on the back of the unit and left it overnight. then would work for a couple of hours and then fail. get brave and pull off the cover of your s9. there are 16v 1000mfs toward the front of the supply. mine had the top of the cap slightly bulged up. replaced them with 25v 1000mfs and works like a champ now. it must be last spring when i replaced them i think i did post my progress on the board here. charlie

i replace 4 electrolytic caps in the power supply. the failure of the remote occurred before the unit completely failed. the remote would stop working after i was using it a couple of hours. then i powered down and restarted. still didn't work. powered down with the switch on the back of the unit and left it overnight. then would work for a couple of hours and then fail. get brave and pull off the cover of your s9. there are 16v 1000mfs toward the front of the supply. mine had the top of the cap slightly bulged up. replaced them with 25v 1000mfs and works like a champ now. it must be last spring when i replaced them i think i did post my progress on the board here. charlie

That shall be the problem with mine, I replaced a capacitor in the RC board and worked for a while then stopped again. I will replace the one at the PS, see what happens. Thanks Chaskuchar!

hi chaskuchar.
I replaced all the 4 cap with 1000 uF/25V. As a matter of fact I replaced three and added another one in a slot that was empty.
Problem remains.
I opened another box and swap the RC board; Miracle! it worked for about 1/2hour. THen dead again. The RC board works randomly in both boxes, but rarely works, it is more time down that up.
The RC board of the new Openbox worked very well in the old unit.
Conclusion: The old RC board need to be replaced. Any idea how to get one?

It shall be head related failure of a part. I resolded most of it including the surface mount IC leads.

my solomend is still working with the remote. little slow but i can move the dish and change the channels ok. i get about 6 hours of use before the sound goes dead but pix is still ok. reboot with the remote and sound comes back ok. praying and hopeing to get the microhd as soon as possible though. charlie

hi
I have issue with control remote some keys doesn't work I opened s9 to see if there is any damage condensator but all is ok now after a while all keys are working
what can I do?
thank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)