Openbox S9 vs Manhattan RS-1933

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hey everyone there seems to be a lot of knowledge on the new Manhattan receiver that is out so I was wondering what advantages this has over the openbox s9. The only thing that I have noticed is a manual pid entry mode. If anyone can list what this receiver has over the other that would be great.

Manhattan can record two programs on the same transponder while watching another. I dont think the Openbox can do that

Lack of video resolution on the manhattan whereas on the openbox you know exactly what your watching like 720p. 1080i, H.264...........

Lack of video resolution on the manhattan whereas on the openbox you know exactly what your watching like 720p. 1080i, H.264...........

Those resolutions and modes are all supported on the Manhattan. The only difference is the disclosure the of the modes on the OSD. Supposedly coming in a future Manhattan release to add the various info to the OSD..

As for tuners, no senstivity difference between Openbox (S10) and Manhattan. Don't know about the S9 vs. Manhattan. Based on S10 and Manhattan, you can't go wrong with the tuner as both have the most sensitive tuners of all the receivers that I have!

Those resolutions and modes are all supported on the Manhattan. The only difference is the disclosure the of the modes on the OSD. Supposedly coming in a future Manhattan release to add the various info to the OSD..

As for tuners, no senstivity difference between Openbox (S10) and Manhattan. Don't know about the S9 vs. Manhattan. Based on S10 and Manhattan, you can't go wrong with the tuner as both have the most sensitive tuners of all the receivers that I have!

I have the S9 model and it is pretty good as far as sensitivity but my Coolsat 8000 beats it hands down on marginal signals. DVB-s2 especially. I would definitely like to get another receiver that is more stable with lower signals.

I have the S9 model and it is pretty good as far as sensitivity but my Coolsat 8000 beats it hands down on marginal signals. DVB-s2 especially.

I also have a Coolsat 8000 - tuner not as senstive as my S10 and Manhattan. I can't lock a weak Ku-band DVB-S2 signal on my 1.2m with the Coolsat 8000 while it locks on the S10 and Manhattan with enough quality to reasonably play with maybe a video tiling ribbon about once every 20-30 secs.

Manhattan can record two programs on the same transponder while watching another. I dont think the Openbox can do that
What would be really cool is if it could record the entire data stream from the transponder. Then play back any channel from that transponder anytime you want since its recorded. :)

What would be really cool is if it could record the entire data stream from the transponder. Then play back any channel from that transponder anytime you want since its recorded. :)

That would be amazing! Record the entire Puerto Rico mux on 99W C-Band, and you'll have most of the major network programming for the entire evening recorded... That would require a LOT of storage space :)

I am super pleased with the Manhattan's ability to record 2 shows on a mux, while watching a 3rd channel on the same mux. I was recording 2 shows on the NBC mux on 72W Ku, while watching 3rd channel the other day.

I find the openbox s 9 and manhattan quite similar when it comes to tuner sensitivity; nothing tops an azbox. Many channels, like the RTV channels at times on Amc 3 do not scan in or have low signal quality with breakup on s 9 and manhattan but no such issues on the azbox.

Does the Manhattan list what type of signal the channel has like dvb-s2, dvb-s, etc? I haven't seen that feature on the Openbox.

I never said that it'll show me whether a channel is dvb-s or dvb-s2 but it will tell me what type of hd I'm watching like 1080i for example. The manhattan needs this as this info is vital when I post feeds.

can someone verify this for me either way on a Openbox

Manhattan can record two programs on the same transponder while watching another

I dont remember the Openbox doing that (recording 2 streams on the same transponder)

I have never seen a single tuner receiver that is capable of doing that, most simply record one show while playing another one , but both have to be on the same mux.

This is the information that my S9 gives me. I am also able to get a quality reading of up to 84 with my cband dish on DVB-S2. I heard a lot of people saying that they can only get a certain amount of quality. 146.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)