Openvix USB image

Discussion in 'Linux/Enigma OS Support' started by Corrado, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Corrado

Corrado Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

I was curious if anyone specifically is running a Openvix USB image in a multiboot slot 2, 3 or 4.

I know this mentioned previously in another thread about multiboot images but I didn't want to create a problem. I would rather not use slot 1 that contains the TNAP image the receiver shipped with.

2. Titanium

Titanium AI6US Lifetime Supporter

YEs, I have OpenVIX loaded in slot 3. OpenPLI in slot 2 and Pure2 in slot 4. Bounce between the four operating systems as the mood strikes... LOL!

Personally, I would keep the TNAP image loaded in slot 1, but it wouldn't matter if OpenVIX is loaded in slots 2, 3 or 4.

3. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

I have Vix in Slot 3 and Open PLi in Slot 1.

c-spand likes this.
  4. SDA_FL_USA

SDA_FL_USA SatelliteGuys Family

Load the vix usb image the same as a multiboot image. Leave it zipped and put it in downloaded_images folder. The TNAP/ satdreamgr6 image will flash it using the Flash image feature.
    I made a backup of the latest vix image with 103ku radio preloaded in multiboot form.
    MEGA

c-spand, Corrado and Titanium like this.
  5. Corrado

Corrado Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

Loaded the latest image 5- 2- 044 to try out. I was worried before trying because the USB download was considerably larger than the other E2 multiboot images. I thought it was best to be cautious and inquire first.

Using my backup settings, I can quickly load my channels between images with the Dreambox edit program and just setup the tuner and I'm watching TV in minutes.

Separate names with a comma.

More...