Well...I was wondering how long it would take..Unable to load images

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I was running openATV on slot 3, had TNAP on slot 1 and satdream on slot 2. Did the online update on ATV ( yeah I remember now from my dreambox days, a BAD idea, but it is what it is I did it, i know I shouldnt have but I did.) The Mio wouldnt boot TNAP on slot 1 or Satdream on 2, it went to the edison splash screen and no farther. So I used openATV to delete slots 1 and 2 so I could start fresh with a new TNAP version on slot 1.
Well now, I am unable to get the edison to flash ANYTHING from any thumb drive I have. I downloaded the multiboot TNAP image AND the usb ( non multiboot) image.

I tried:
multiboot zipped to the thumb drive no downloaded_images folder
Multiboot UNzipped to the drive with no downloaded-images folder
multiboot unzipped to the downloaded_images folder I created on the thumb drive
multiboot ZIPPED to the downloaded-images folder I created on the thumb drive

And the same process with the NON multiboot image I tried all four options. I know the box is alive, I can press the menu button and get it to boot slot 3 openatv but nothing else.

What HAVE I done? LOL

With openatv make a folder on the thumb drive named images then put the zipped multiboot file in the images folder. Go to menu/ setup/ software management/ Flashonline and there you should see the downloaded images foler.

With openatv make a folder on the thumb drive named images then put the zipped multiboot file in the images folder. Go to menu/ setup/ software management/ Flashonline and there you should see the downloaded images foler.

Edison does not see the folder 'images' when I choose flash online. All it shows is openatv online updates.

OKAY I used filezilla to put a copy of the TNAP image on the box itself because I couldnt find the USB anywhere, then used open atv to flash TNAP on the box. Success, I am looking at TNAP now. :)

I want to try open pli next, but that will be another day. I am spent for today. :)

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Maybe you need to be not online but if you have a hdd connected you can ftp the zipped multiboot image into media/hdd/images folder and it shows up as Downloaded images when on line and use flash online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)