Streaming to mobile/ Edison/OpenATV

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Got my Edison. Fantastic box, light years better than the old Dreamboxes I tried a few years ago. Thanks Brian for doing the hard work on this.

Enjoying very much the webif interface and all it brings in flexibility, etc. I have settled on OpenATV on my box, I like it and it seems to work fine.

Something I have not been able to do is stream said webif on my iphone. Is this possible? I can open the webif and control the box from my phone, but if I hit stream the phone opens a web browser puts the m3u in the address bar, and then...quiet. I tried putting VLC and pasting the link from webif into THAT...still no dice. Anyone had any experience? I'd really like to listen to radio channels on my phone while I am in the shop working...LOL

Just to clarify, I mean while I am on wifi at home. I am not talking about remote streaming, I dont want to get into port forwarding, etc, that gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Reactions: c-spand
I no longer use the iOS hardware, but likely it is similar to streaming to Android devices. I use Enigma2 Android apps to control and view from the E2 STBs.

I Googled "Enigma2 and iOS app" and see many references to users of the Blackbox Live app.

Reactions: c-spand
Not so sure if this is relevant. Just googled then asked my iOS buddy. Apple doesn't "like" you changing default apps.
One way he said that will let you though is a jailbreak. I haven't had Apple devices except for a hackintosh computer in my work shop. Not sure if another browser besides Safari would let you jump to VLC to open streaming from the Mio.
Even Android Dreambox related apps are kind of klunky. Strange how Windows devices open streaming like a boss though.

Streaming to my Galaxy S8 works great with DreamDroid but I've also streamed using Firefox on my Android phone but it doesn't auto launch to vlc until I click on the android icon at the top of the browser and select vlc from the options. I'm not sure if something similar happens on an iphone.
[automerge]1581125592[/automerge]
DreamDroid app works great!

Not available for iphones.

Don’t have a phone but I do have the newest iPad and it streams just fine. I use the Oplayer HD app from the store and it gives you several different ways to stream over your LAN.

I've not had any luck with the Oplayer app...it acts like its opening the stream, then does nothing. I will continue trying to find a solution.

Just an update...the vuplus app does work for video but any AAC audio is a nogo, which is what I wanted it for. Odd since apple is on love with the format...go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)