Well...I was wondering how long it would take..Unable to load images

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I was running openATV on slot 3, had TNAP on slot 1 and satdream on slot 2. Did the online update on ATV ( yeah I remember now from my dreambox days, a BAD idea, but it is what it is I did it, i know I shouldnt have but I did.) The Mio wouldnt boot TNAP on slot 1 or Satdream on 2, it went to the edison splash screen and no farther. So I used openATV to delete slots 1 and 2 so I could start fresh with a new TNAP version on slot 1.
Well now, I am unable to get the edison to flash ANYTHING from any thumb drive I have. I downloaded the multiboot TNAP image AND the usb ( non multiboot) image.

I tried:
multiboot zipped to the thumb drive no downloaded_images folder
Multiboot UNzipped to the drive with no downloaded-images folder
multiboot unzipped to the downloaded_images folder I created on the thumb drive
multiboot ZIPPED to the downloaded-images folder I created on the thumb drive

And the same process with the NON multiboot image I tried all four options. I know the box is alive, I can press the menu button and get it to boot slot 3 openatv but nothing else.

What HAVE I done? LOL

With openatv make a folder on the thumb drive named images then put the zipped multiboot file in the images folder. Go to menu/ setup/ software management/ Flashonline and there you should see the downloaded images foler.

With openatv make a folder on the thumb drive named images then put the zipped multiboot file in the images folder. Go to menu/ setup/ software management/ Flashonline and there you should see the downloaded images foler.

Edison does not see the folder 'images' when I choose flash online. All it shows is openatv online updates.

OKAY I used filezilla to put a copy of the TNAP image on the box itself because I couldnt find the USB anywhere, then used open atv to flash TNAP on the box. Success, I am looking at TNAP now. :)

I want to try open pli next, but that will be another day. I am spent for today. :)

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Maybe you need to be not online but if you have a hdd connected you can ftp the zipped multiboot image into media/hdd/images folder and it shows up as Downloaded images when on line and use flash online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)