Opinions needed about upgrading equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, the installer came today. He moved the HR22 from my living room to my bedroom, and took the old H21 with him. He put the Genie in the living room. I expected the Genie to be bigger, but let me tell you, it's TINY. They make it look HUGE on the DTV website compared to what it actually looks like. Unfortunately, the installer didn't have a H24 or H25 on his truck, so no luck there :(. He didn't change my DECA setup in any way, he just took one of my DECAs along with the H21. So no CCK for me either, but as stated above, there isn't much of a difference. The only thing I would add is the CSR I talked to over the phone tried to take away all of my receivers and change them to Genie Minis, and she persistently tried to talk me into it until I had to explain to her about the tuner thing (watching TV on the Mini takes 1 tuner away from Genie). The recordings show up perfectly on my Genie from my old DVR. The new remote takes some getting used to [strike](why is there no back button?)[/strike]found the back button, haha.
Minneapolis people: If you're ordering a Genie, expect an HR44 (it's what I got) and plus it's on the list of Beta Test Cities.
Also, a bonus: the CSR gave me a special: $10 off my package for the next year, or any package that is. I upgraded my package, and for that upgrade I'm now paying like $2 more per month for 15 more channels. (w00t)
?DirecTV = 10/10

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts