Options for adding more receivers (1 Viewer)

subdude212

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 31, 2003
269
0
MA
I haven't had much luck contacting VOOM to learn my options first hand so in the meantime I'd be curious to learn what options others have exercised regarding the addition of more VOOM receivers. Has anyone purchased second-hand a VOOM STB? If so, what else needs to be done to get it activated? Will VOOM require a visit by an installer? Can one who has purchased their first VOOM STB add a second or third by leasing the additional ones?
 

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 10, 2004
533
0
Pacific Northwest
subdude212 said:
I haven't had much luck contacting VOOM to learn my options first hand so in the meantime I'd be curious to learn what options others have exercised regarding the addition of more VOOM receivers. Has anyone purchased second-hand a VOOM STB? If so, what else needs to be done to get it activated? Will VOOM require a visit by an installer? Can one who has purchased their first VOOM STB add a second or third by leasing the additional ones?

Unfortunatly the options are poor. First VoOm will not activate used merchandise. Take a look at the thread about Voom recievers being sold on Ebay. Kinda lame considering some people legitamitly bought thier recievers and should have a right to sell it second hand to someone.
Next, if you did not get addional receivers at install you can expect to pay 199.00 for addional receiver install and yes they must send a installer!

I am in same boat. I want second reciever but am going to wait for DVR to be available as it controls 4 tvs. I just hope they dont rake us over the coals for DVR install. I already ran my own cables.
 

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 11, 2004
309
1
subdude212 said:
I haven't had much luck contacting VOOM to learn my options first hand so in the meantime I'd be curious to learn what options others have exercised regarding the addition of more VOOM receivers. Has anyone purchased second-hand a VOOM STB? If so, what else needs to be done to get it activated? Will VOOM require a visit by an installer? Can one who has purchased their first VOOM STB add a second or third by leasing the additional ones?

Word has it that Voom refuses to activate receivers not bought directly from them or leased from them. So - all of those Voom receivers sold on Ebay are worthless. You need to get one from Voom - lease rather than buy - and pay a $199 fee for installation. I don't know about the cost on a third. If you bought your first receiver from them, and want to lease a second or third, they will want to switch you to a lease.
 

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 31, 2004
327
0
ohio
my first time i contacted voom on a second rec, they told me that it would be 199.00 to install the second one, so i e-mailed them and told them that i could not afford to pay the 199.00 to have a second one installed, the e-mail that i got back last week from them said that they have revised there 199.00 install plan, and for me to contact them as well.
 

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 10, 2004
533
0
Pacific Northwest
shaun-ohio said:
my first time i contacted voom on a second rec, they told me that it would be 199.00 to install the second one, so i e-mailed them and told them that i could not afford to pay the 199.00 to have a second one installed, the e-mail that i got back last week from them said that they have revised there 199.00 install plan, and for me to contact them as well.


Please let us know what that may be?
I called them Thursday and they told me the 199.00!
 

subdude212

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 31, 2003
269
0
MA
iceshark said:
Unfortunatly the options are poor. First VoOm will not activate used merchandise..
Wow, this is bad news. I wonder how this makes sense for VOOM.

iceshark said:
I am in same boat. I want second reciever but am going to wait for DVR to be available as it controls 4 tvs. I just hope they dont rake us over the coals for DVR install. I already ran my own cables.
I think I'll end up the same way, waiting for the DVR. I'm all set with cables, too, so hooking up the "clients" should be straight forward. However, I suppose VOOM won't allow me to self-install these either. I'll be curious to see what is sold at the new VOOM retail outlet. If they aren't going to allow for self-installs then I don't understand what the store would be for except as a showroom.
 

Gizmocjv

New Member
Jun 5, 2004
4
0
If you've already been installed, it's a$199 trip fee plus the cost of the receivers. $9.50 for each receiver and a $5 fee for each additional receiver to allow all receivers to watch different channels at the same time. If there are receivers available.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top