OS MIO+ 4K Switching Tuner A/B Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I could be wrong but in tuner setup if you assign a sat to use tuner A for it, and another sat to use tuner B.
Then switching is transparent. Like if you assign A for 127, 123, 117 and B for 125, 121, 103. I think you get it.

I have tuner A working. Hooked up a different dish for tuner B. Scanned in satellites with tuner B. Receiver alaways defaults to tuner A. Can't figure how to switch to tuner B. I look again tomorrow.

If you're using T.N.A.P press Menu, then Setup->Tuners and Scanning->Tuner Configuration. Then you will see list of satellites for Tuners A and B (and C is you havr an O.T.A. tuner). Select tuner "A". In the "Configuration Mode" menu select "Advanced". Then go down to "Satellite" and scroll right or left until you find the satellite you want to add (or modify).

The next setting is "LNB". I use LNB1 and Tuner A for C Band. So after selecting LNB1, under "Type of LNB/Device" I select "C Band 5150". The rest I leave at the default setting and click the green button to save.

For KU Band I use LNB2 on Tuner B. I do a procedure similar to the above, except I select "LNB2" and "KU UNF 9750/10600" for LNB type.

I repeat the above procedure for each satellite I want to setup.

After that I do a blind scan for each satellite. When I select the satellite, the receiver already knows which tuner (A or B) to use for it.

I have tuner A working. Hooked up a different dish for tuner B. Scanned in satellites with tuner B. Receiver alaways defaults to tuner A. Can't figure how to switch to tuner B. I look again tomorrow.
When you switch to a channel on a satellite that's been scanned in on tuner B, the receiver will automatically put it on tuner B.

Conversely, IF you switch to a channel on a satellite that's been scanned in on tuner A, the receiver will automatically put it on tuner A.

When you switch to a channel on a satellite that's been scanned in on tuner B, the receiver will automatically put it on tuner B.

Conversely, IF you switch to a channel on a satellite that's been scanned in on tuner A, the receiver will automatically put it on tuner A.
Using T.N.A.P., I have to add the satellite and configure it before it will let me blind scan it. Otherwise it does not appear in the list of available satellites to blind scan.

Reactions: arlo
Using memory (a dangerous activity), I used to configure and scan Dish #1 (1.2m motorized) using Tuner A. I would then configure and scan Dish #2 (1m fixed) using Tuner B. Once all the satellites were scanned in on each dish, then I could use the Signalfinder feature to look at the signal quality on each dish for a given transponder for comparison. Using Signalfinder, you can switch back and forth quickly between Tuner A and Tuner B to compare.

There is another feature that allows you to program your priority for which dish to use when a signal is available from more than one dish. You'll have to dig for that since I don't have the user interface available anymore. This could, for example, give priority for a fixed dish if you wanted to record something from it so you could keep your other dish available to tune other transponders or satellites.

Using T.N.A.P., I have to add the satellite and configure it before it will let me blind scan it. Otherwise it does not appear in the list of available satellites to blind scan.
Of course. I have my satellites.xml file trimmed down to list only the ones I can ever get in the USA.
It speeds up toggling the list of a master satellites list. Plus there's a glitch still remaining in E2 images where sometimes you can't scroll backwards to a previous satellite in a list, causing you to have to go through the entire one again. I removed all of the Ka sats.
Also am adding blindscan transponders from the tmp folder into my satellites.xml file so I can preview what services are available on a particular sat/tp in Signal Finder.
I'm not deleting any 'dead' tp's as someday they may become active again.
All done using Filezilla and Notepad++ of course.