OTA Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You only need one, as the Hopper will only accept one. The OTA channels will then be available at all TV locations with Hoppers and/or Joeys.
I think it is also important to say that you can only watch one OTA channel at a time on any or all Hoppers any Joeys. So, if you are watching OTA channel 2 on a Hopper or Joey that is the only channel that can be viewed from any location at any given time. You can't watch channel 2 on a Hopper and channel 3 on a Joey at the same time.

Reactions: DWS44 and Tampa8
This is purely and categorically incorrect. The USB dongle is the tuner, not the Hopper. To support ATSC 3.0 will require a new dongle for sure. Theoretically it is possible that the Hopper (or at least the Hopper 3 since it has USB 3) could support ATSC 3.0, with the required dongle, with just a software update. There is no OTA tuning hardware within the Hopper itself.
My mistake. I had assumed the USB dongle was just an adaptor and the tuner was in the Hopper.

Reactions: Bobby
Looking on ebay where there are now some of these dual tuner OTA adapters available, there seem to be two model numbers. 212-553 and 610-001. Some listings show 610-001 in a package that only mentions Wally while other listings say it works on both Hopper and Wally.

Is there a difference other than one coming in retail packaging and the other not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)