OTA blocked (Media General Station)

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
My OTA module is now only showing a black screen when I tune to the local Media General channel or any of its sub-carriers. I have a Hopper and it has been working fine for months. I can only assume that Dish has blocked the OTA signal as well as the regular sat feed. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It's working on a 722 in a different dma with a MG station.

If it worked before & isn't now a reset may fix it.

Did the reset and have the same problem. When I hit "info" it says "Media General has blocked your access to this channel...". The difference in this OTA channel and the Dish feed is that this channel is black with no audio and the Dish feed has some crappy music playing and a screen explaining what is going on.

If Dish is blocking the OTA signal I would have to wonder if they are actually concerned with their customer's best interest as they say they are.

Are other ota stations working that aren't associated with mg?

So this mg station is the only 1 that picks up on ota?

Can you pick up any other ota stations?

Trying to rule out a hardware problem by checking other ota stations to see it they work.

Did the reset and have the same problem. When I hit "info" it says "Media General has blocked your access to this channel...". The difference in this OTA channel and the Dish feed is that this channel is black with no audio and the Dish feed has some crappy music playing and a screen explaining what is going on.

If Dish is blocking the OTA signal I would have to wonder if they are actually concerned with their customer's best interest as they say they are.

red button reset? You might unplug the OTA module and let it reset then rescan. Actually you might just need to delete the channels and rescan.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Plug the antenna lead directly to the TV. Does it work? Seems possible, but unlikely, that Dish "hit a switch" to cut out the OTA signal also.

Works fine directly into my tv just not through the Hopper. Seems possible that they could block it just as they do when you do not have service at all.

Local MG NBC is working fine here with the Hopper OTA module. The guide says it's blocked because it's the same info as the former sat station. Is it possible that your local station is just broadcasting dead air?

EDIT: Nevermind just read you said it works direct to the TV. I still highly doubt that Dish is blocking your OTA reception. As suggested, try rescanning, also adjust your antenna if possible.

Unplug the ota module and do a power cord reboot and then plug the module back and see if will them work.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes I have the Hopper with OTA module. Like I said earlier our NBC Medial General sation (WNCN 17) works just fine here in Raleigh.

Yes, some kind of error. That's why I suggested reporting it to DIRT.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)