OTA Created Timers Will Not Play

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have OTA created timers that will not play. When I select the recording in my Recordings folder I do not get a play button. This started happening a couple of weeks ago for a created timer and I thought it was a one-time issue. Then Sunday I created an OTA timer for the Daytona race and it happened again. So I set up several test OTA created timers in both my Hopper 3s and it happened several times in both DVRs. Some test did work. Performed a pull the cord reboot and still have issue. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Attachments

• Created Timer-1.jpg
    Created Timer-1.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Created Timer-2.jpg
    Created Timer-2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 110
I have OTA created timers that will not play. When I select the recording in my Recordings folder I do not get a play button. This started happening a couple of weeks ago for a created timer and I thought it was a one-time issue. Then Sunday I created an OTA timer for the Daytona race and it happened again. So I set up several test OTA created timers in both my Hopper 3s and it happened several times in both DVRs. Some test did work. Performed a pull the cord reboot and still have issue. Anyone have an idea what is going on?
Bad Hopper behavior. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Could you be having OTA reception problems with your CBS and Fox stations?
In my case my Channelmaster CM7777HD preamplifier has gone bad and I have lost all of the Dayton and low power Columbus stations.
I have a replacement but with 14” of snow no one will be climbing my roof anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Could you be having OTA reception problems with your CBS and Fox stations?
In my case my Channelmaster CM7777HD preamplifier has gone bad and I have lost all of the Dayton and low power Columbus stations.
I have a replacement but with 14” of snow no one will be climbing my roof anytime soon.

All my OTA network channels are reading 100% signal strength.

I also did the manual timer for Daytona via local OTA Fox and ran into the same thing as you when I tried to select it to play it. In my case, hitting the play button on the remote did start the recording, though. Been so long since I did a manual timer, I thought perhaps that was a normal "glitch" that I had forgotten about.

I also did the manual timer for Daytona via local OTA Fox and ran into the same thing as you when I tried to select it to play it. In my case, hitting the play button on the remote did start the recording, though. Been so long since I did a manual timer, I thought perhaps that was a normal "glitch" that I had forgotten about.
I rechecked my OTA created timer programs that don't work and I can't get the play button to work too. So that is good yours are half A-- working DWS44. I have several OTA manual timers set for this evening. I will report back in the morning on how goes it. I am checking the odd ball channels too. It appears for now, the issue is happening on the FOX and CBS channels only. Really strange. Makes me wonder how that could happen! Secret bugs from the affiliates!! LOL

I rechecked my OTA created timer programs that don't work and I can't get the play button to work too. So that is good yours are half A-- working DWS44. I have several OTA manual timers set for this evening. I will report back in the morning on how goes it. I am checking the odd ball channels too. It appears for now, the issue is happening on the FOX and CBS channels only. Really strange. Makes me wonder how that could happen! Secret bugs from the affiliates!! LOL

Try deleting those channels and rescan?

Try deleting those channels and rescan?
I will try that tomorrow. Got all the manual timers set on both Hopper 3s. Mostly OTA channels and some satellite channels too. Will check them out in the morning then try deleting the channels that are acting up and rescan them.

I decided to test your problem playing a manual recording using my Hopper3 receiver. I rarely use manual timers since I normally create my timers using the Guide. I created a manual timer for channel 04-03 (Ion TV) from 8-9 PM. The timer recorded with no problem and the recorded program played normally.
Of course one successful test does not prove or disprove anything.

I decided to test your problem playing a manual recording using my Hopper3 receiver. I rarely use manual timers since I normally create my timers using the Guide. I created a manual timer for channel 04-03 (Ion TV) from 8-9 PM. The timer recorded with no problem and the recorded program played normally.
Of course one successful test does not prove or disprove anything.

Thanks dweber. Can you run two more test? One for OTA FOX and one for OTA CBS. I rarely use the manual timer too. When I see a racing event having weather issues I will use a manual timer and stretch it out a long time. When I checked in on the NASCAR Daytona race Sunday it was having weather issues. So I set a manual timer up. Good thing I checked in on the timer later on and discovered it was acting up. So I just went into the guide and set bunches of timers for about 6 hours of programs so we wouldn't miss the race.

I created a manual timer from 10-11 PM for 10-01 (CBS:FBI Most Wanted) and 6-03 (Fox).
Since Fox moved to 6-03 from 28-01 due to ATSC3.0 conversion, Dish lacks the Guide description for Fox 6-03.
Both manual timers show up in the DVR schedule but I wonder if they will be ignored since I have PTAT recording CBS and Fox from 7:57-11:06 PM. If they fail to record I will create 2 more manual timers outside of the PTAT schedule.

I created a manual timer from 10-11 PM for 10-01 (CBS:FBI Most Wanted) and 6-03 (Fox).
Since Fox moved to 6-03 from 28-01 due to ATSC3.0 conversion, Dish lacks the Guide description for Fox 6-03.
Both manual timers show up in the DVR schedule but I wonder if they will be ignored since I have PTAT recording CBS and Fox from 7:57-11:06 PM. If they fail to record I will create 2 more manual timers outside of the PTAT schedule.

Maybe PTAT has something to do with it. My timers did not fail to record or at least they were in my Recordings folder. But CBS and FOX recordings there was no way to play them. There was no play button when the recording was selected. Also pressing the play button on the remote control did not work too. I will post my test tomorrow.