OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

My last contact with them was November 2011. (I started using this email address before Dish and Echostar became separate companies but the address still works none-the-less.)
There have been four separate occasions that I have used this contact concerning OTA EPG info and each time gotten satisfaction. Some times it takes several months although once it was resolved in a matter of days. Here is the response I received from my most recent November 2011 request for WMUR 9.2 ME-TV:

I did have to email a second time as per request in this last case.

This is where I emailed about my MeTV programming guide information problem also.:D

Here's mine:

DVR: 722k with locals module installed.
Software version: L750
Stations with wrong local module guide info: channel 2.1 KBOI (CBS) channel 2.2 KYUU (CW).

Note: The Locals guide indicates the proper channel identifiers... KBOI and KYUU but the guide info for those two local channels are for two unknown PBS channels.

rich..

For several months now maybe as long as a year the PBS locals in Portland Ore. have listed the same info for channels KOPB 10-1 and 10-2 when 10-2 has different programing.

Bozeman, MT (59718) OTA missing information:
006-01 KTVM (NBC) Correct
006-02 MeTV MISSING
006-03 This MISSING
007-01 KBZK (CBS) MISSING
007-02 KBZK (CW) MISSING
009-01 KUSM (PBS) Correct
009-02 KUSM (PBS) MISSING
009-03 KUSM (PBS) MISSING
009-04 KUSM (PBS) MISSING
009-05 KUSM (PBS) MISSING
028-01 KWYB (ABC) MISSING
028-02 KWYB (FOX) MISSING

All of those missing channel listings are now correct on Zap2it, so please update these channels.

Thanks!

Hattiesburg, MS WHPM

Hattiesburg, MS DMA
WHPM Channel 23-01 showing "Digital Service"

I wrote this comment in another thread but I will repeat it here. The PBS station in Portland, Or. KOPB displays four OTA digital channels on the Dish Network Guide 10-1,10-2.10-3 and 10-4. 10-1 and 10-2 show the same programing on the Guide however the programing is not the same. I have complained about this in the past to no avail.

Biloxi/Gulfport DMA

19-02 WMAH PBS from over-the-air antenna showing "Digital Service" in e.p.g. (19-01 shows correct information, but it's in standard definition, 19-02 is the high definition sub-channel that I'd prefer to see in the e.p.g.)

25-01 WXXV Fox station from over-the-air antenna showing NBC programs in e.p.g.

Springfield Missouri.

Following are showing digital service from ota antenna.

Ota channel 17-1 K17F not offered on dish.
Ota Channel 33-2 KCZ same as dish channel 15.
Ota Channel 49-1 KRBK same as dish channel 5.

Thanks
Thom

It is my understanding that Tribune Media Services supplies Dish with the EPG data. The website Zap2It.com is a product of Tribune Media Services. But I have noticed that for one OTA channel in my DMA, Zap2It shows different sub-channel info from what is shown on my Dish EPG. Naturally only one can be correct...in this case it is Zap2It.

Why isn't the Dish EPG matching what is on Zap2It if the info comes from the same place?

In the Hartford/New Haven DMA

I get 'Digital Service: on
003-04
008-02
008-03
024-02
024-03

IN the Springfield, MA DMA:
022-01
022-02
040-01
040-02
057-01

Bridgeport DMA:
043-02

NO. I don't think the dishquality department cares anymore. I have tried to get guide information for two channels in my dma for over a year since psip data has been introduced and they have not been responsive at all. THey give every excuse and when I meet their excuses with changes on my end , they come up with the ultimate excuse: DISH doesn't want to add the guide information because it is an ota sub channel not carried by DISH. Even though they are carrying sub channel guide information for Bounce (not carried by DISH ) and CW (not carried by DISH in my dma). I 've given up on getting the guide information. I did offer this as a solution ,but I'm sure they won't do it: Keep the big networks on the satelite for guide information ,but allow the sub channels to use PSIP data that is free in the air . That way we get some guide information that can let us know what is on these sub channels and we can record them. That way DISH doesn't have to put all the sub channel guide information on the satellite , and we still get full fleshed out guides for our receivers. But that would be too much like right.

I also have given up trying to get the guide data-didn't do any good. In my market our CBS is is koln/kgin-10/11. Dish carries the koln-10 channel I receive 11.1 OTA--I've asked many times and explained many times that 10/11 are one and the same--still no data on the 11.1 OTA channel.
Our PBS station is like cbs--with channel 12 carried by Dish--OTA is a translator of this and a carbon copy of programming--but different channel number--but cannot get the data from Dish--and I sent them the PSIP and any thing else I could on more that one occasion-- and still nothing. It's been a year or so now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)