OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Over the air KFDM channel 6 in Beaumont, Tx. is giving programming data for a station out of Lufkin, Tx. although the satellite channel 6 gives the correct information right below it.

Reactions: foghorn2
Over the air KFDM channel 6 in Beaumont, Tx. is giving programming data for a station out of Lufkin, Tx. although the satellite channel 6 gives the correct information right below it.

I'm not seeing channel 6 ota station showing Lufkin information at all on my two hoppers. Wonder if your receiver needs a reboot?

Dish has clearly abandoned the maintenance of this feature. Any channel changes, additions, etc done in the past year, in fact, it's probably going on 2 years now, won't be handled

Yep, Sucks to be paying this much for programming and equipment and cant get any guide info to properly use the equipment. We've been missing 11.3 Oeta Create, 23.2 MeTv and 41.3 Zuus in Tulsa for a couple of years now and we have 2 new channels coming in this fall, 1 replacing Zuus, so that will be more blank space in the guide and guessing what the heck the channels are showing.

Myself and others have suggested more than once that this thread needs locked as it's misleading people that they can post here and get it fixed, but apparently there's a rule that the OP gets to decide if the thread is closed or not.... :confused:

The likely response you'd get from Dish about that is, "how much extra do we charge for OTA guide data?" :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Greenville, NC DMA

WITN 7.2 - Has guide info but should be listed as MyNetworkTV or MyENC
WITN 7.3 - Digital Service (MeTV)
WNCT 9.2 - Has guide info but should be listed as CW
WNCTD 10 (Satellite feed of 9.2) Has guide info but should be listed as CW and be uplinked in HD
WCTI 12.2 - Digital Service (Live Well TV for now)
WCTI 12.3 - Has guide info but should be listed at Movies!
WYDO 14.2 - Digital Service (Bounce)
UNCEX 19.1 - Digital Service (UNC Explorer)
UNCEX 19.2 - Digital Service (UNC TV)
UNCEX 19.3 - Digital Service (UNC Kids)
WTMH 21.1 - Digital Service (Heartland)
WTMH 22.2 - Digital Service (Antenna TV)
WTMH 22.3 - Digital Service (Tuff TV which is new cause it used to be Retro TV)
UNCTV 25.2 - Wrong guide info, should be UNC Kids guide
ION 38.1 - Digital Service (The satellite feed has the data!)
QUBO 38.2 - Digital Service
IONL 38.3 - Digital Service (Ion Life)
SHOP 38.4 - Digital Service (Ion Shop)
QVC 38.5 - Digital Service
HSN 38.6 - Digital Service

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is going to be monitored by people who can actually help with OTA EPG data. Please keep your posts limited to the channel number, call sign, and if it says "digital service" or in the case of LIN stations, it is providing dispute data or just incorrect information. Our hope here is to provide direct information for the engineers to get in and fix away. Thanks!

Ok sounds good!!

Monroe, LA. Our local CW channel (which has different content than the national CW broadcast via Dish satellite) previously aired on KNOE 8.2 with full guide data. After rearranging of sub-channels by (same) local broadcaster CW moved to KNOE 8.3 and lost guide data on Dish OTA module.

Cable, Telco, Directv, Tivo w/OTA and Direct are all accurate with local sub-channel guides. It is only Dish that has serious issues- terrible quality control.

For the South Bend, IN DMA DISH/ Echostar needs to fix it’s OTA Program Guide Data for the Fox and H&I channels.

22-02 WSBT2 is missing Program Data. It should have the FOX Michiana Program info. It is currently showing up on the wrong channel 28-01 That info needs to be moved to OTA 22-2 WSBT2 (Fox).

28-01 WSJV is now the H&I network. The Fox data displaying on this station now needs to be moved to 22-2.

2 years later, LOL. I left Dish years ago because of this. TIVO fixes them! When I asked Dish to fix, they said they couldn't. Now they keep wasting money on mailers begging me to come back. NEVER AGAIN!!

For the South Bend, IN DMA DISH/ Echostar needs to fix it’s OTA Program Guide Data for the Fox and H&I channels.

22-02 WSBT2 is missing Program Data. It should have the FOX Michiana Program info. It is currently showing up on the wrong channel 28-01 That info needs to be moved to OTA 22-2 WSBT2 (Fox).

28-01 WSJV is now the H&I network. The Fox data displaying on this station now needs to be moved to 22-2.
Dish has almost no interest in fixing that, and why would they? Where is the profit to be made. People that will leave over it is minimal and it's still OTA, which is not Dish delivered so you can't even get mad at them.

And supposedly, Dish is going to be showing a renewed interest in supporting OTA channel reception.

I wonder if that renewed interest might spur renewed interest in the OTA guide data. My guess is that it won't, sadly, but there certainly seems an uptick in folks posting (in multiple threads) about screwed up/missing guide data on here recently. Who knows...maybe DIRT is taking note of that trend as well.

Reactions: ChadT41
I wonder if that renewed interest might spur renewed interest in the OTA guide data. My guess is that it won't, sadly, but there certainly seems an uptick in folks posting (in multiple threads) about screwed up/missing guide data on here recently. Who knows...maybe DIRT is taking note of that trend as well.

Uptick likely because now there is a choice in the Flex Package not to get Sat locals. Also, people downgrading to a smaller package may have more interest in OTA programming, all the channels not carried. DISH does now have the data even if you don't subscribe to locals also, so some Grandfathered packages people may be seeing it also. With that change and the recent survey about locals I would say DISH is very aware of OTA use. What they may or may not do who knows but I no longer think they are simply letting the subject lay there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts