OTA indoor antenna inquiry

lbswing

Nov 2, 2007
hey guys, i love this forum. So much information. i'm hoping someone can help me. I don't receive locals in HD and i'm paying the $5.00 extra for locals on Dish Network. I purchased a Terk amplified indoor antenna to connect to my 722 and i'm catching great signal. However i've noticed that i pick up a stronger signal with the Antenna turned off. My question is did i overpay for an amplified antenna. I paid $50 for it at Best buy. Thanks in advance

Take it back and buy a CM4228. It's mounted outside.

I live about forty miles south of Richmond VA and pick up HD over sixty miles away using a CM4228. If I had a rotor I could pick up NC. Best purchase that I have ever made.

If you re receiving the channels you want to receive I see no point in mounting an outdoor antenna---unless that is what you want to do. I would leave it turned off and enjoy the channels.

The 4228 is great but if there is no room for improvement what is the point? Plus as good as it is it does have a narrow beam width and that might mean that it does not get you a good signal on some channel that you now receive well. I have a 4221 that is smaller but I manage to receive some channels that neighbors with a 4228 cannot It is hard to say without more info.

Take it back and buy a CM4228. It's mounted outside.

I live about forty miles south of Richmond VA and pick up HD over sixty miles away using a CM4228. If I had a rotor I could pick up NC. Best purchase that I have ever made.

I have a 4228 mounted in my attic, works great, stations are around 30-40 miles away.

I have the same antenna and experience.

For a while, it worked really well with power turned on, but one day stopped working.
So I tried it without amplifier and still worked. I tried to call for support, but mine was out of warranty.
Since that time, I replaced with 4 bay channel master antenna and works better now.

i use this antenna in msp roughly 18 miles from big4
others go as far as 45 miles away

AntennaCraft D9000 Discovery for Extreme Deep Fringe VHF UHF FM HD Antenna (DS9000)
Antennacraft D9000 VHF/UHF/FM Antenna
works great

seems tobe priced around 100 dollars or so

hey guys, i love this forum. So much information. i'm hoping someone can help me. I don't receive locals in HD and i'm paying the $5.00 extra for locals on Dish Network. I purchased a Terk amplified indoor antenna to connect to my 722 and i'm catching great signal. However i've noticed that i pick up a stronger signal with the Antenna turned off. My question is did i overpay for an amplified antenna. I paid $50 for it at Best buy. Thanks in advance

I find that an unamplified antenna works better in my use. However you will others to say otherwise, it's trial and error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)