OTA Issues and New Software 6.20 Download Tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
bnl107 said:
I forced the download myself from the Installer's Menu. I was just exploring through the menus and found the update option under "Verify Voom". (If this is a new function - I take full credit for its discovery! :D ). Took 30 minutes, system now shows:

Current Software Version: V00.01.20
HAL Version: 00.06.20
Middleware Version: 00.01.39
Guide Version: 01.98.08
Target Software Version: N/A

That's a good one. I did not notice that it was possible to force the download. Excellent find!

bman549 said:
I have this displayed this evening.
Target Software Version: V00.01.20
Guess i'll have to go into standby tonight.

You don't need to put the box into "standby" mode to get software updates since 6.0. They just happen.

inprogreeso

sorry so blurry, bad capture card...

MR.c

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 230
  • upgrade.gif
    upgrade.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 183
Mapping and/or unmapping channels

When my Voom was installed, OTA local channel 54.01 was mapped to WUPL. WUPL since moved ther antenna and is now broadcasting on 24.01. What needs to be done to remove the old mapping. I have done an OTA scan and it does not pick up the new channel 24.01, but I do get the picture on the old mapping. So, it's just a matter of not seeing the correct channel #, because the channel does come in fine. Voom wants to send a service guy out in two weeks. Is that really necesssary?

Target Software Version: V00.01.20 (6.20?)

I just noticed that one of my receivers shows that it's targeted for a new software version (V00.01.20). It already has V00.06.10. Anyone else notice this? Could it be version 6.20 is on the way already?

Sorry...I looked, but I've reached the age where I can either see things up close well or things far away well, but not at the same time. :eek:
I'm forcing the download now.

curently experiencing tech. diffitculties..

due to rain fade, hopefully u folks in florida dont download this update during that weather u have headed out your way.
I thinks my download was complete before signal went out, 2 other STB's are out due to weather.

Mr.C
ps. waiting patiantly......lol

Attachments

• rainout1.jpg
    rainout1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 174
  • rainout2.jpg
    rainout2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 165
  • rainout5.jpg
    rainout5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 149
lol. CSR's are clueless my box lost activation and it trys to dial out to get confirmation and its no working my friend....lol

im calling to see if i can get a CSR who has a clue...lol

Mapping

Before I got the new software download I was able to get a dig tv station WICD chan 15 with no problems - its about 16 miles away.

After the upgrade I was able to get about 6 channels - some at 80 miles away including chan 15. Now I can't get the WICD 15 even though it is in the mapping, but can pull 2 station in that are in the same direction but 70 miles away.

I wonder if its the box that has failed or what??

Any one got ideas as to this problem.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)